Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otomewo
DE/DT gophers
Pre-Draft AnalysisOtomewo is a big defensive end with the strength to hold his ground and the length to press blockers off his frame. He chases with good effort and makes some plays in pursuit. He flashes violent hands and has some upside as an interior pass-rusher. Two of his three sacks last season came in the bowl game, and he doesn't have ideal burst or change of direction for an edge rusher. -- Steve Muench

Sounds like he’s best suited for a 4i or 5-technique in a 3-4 front.

Cant say this pick excited me, but the North Carolina RB is a good get considering Mattison is gone after this year and the guy has elite RB speed

I saw 6'5, 280 and thought, 3-4 DE. And, homer pick. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Cant say this pick excited me, but the North Carolina RB is a good get considering Mattison is gone after this year and the guy has elite RB speed
Dayum, your probably right. What a gift having him behind Dalvin. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Dayum, your probably right. What a gift having him behind Dalvin. 

Sarcasm?

Mattison is a stud with little vision or feel

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
Well said. I have enjoyed Mattison but with KOC coming in and knowing the offense he likes to run, the RB pick makes a ton of sense. Speed, good hands, and production this past year with a crappy OL. 

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
He did well but the Vikings know they can't pay the guy.....just draft another one (like they did) and ride that rookie contract. Do the wash, rinse and repeat for the backup RB role until Cook is gone.