Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Eagles & Saints Blockbuster Draft Trade

Eagles, Saints swap multiple first-round picks in NFL draft blockbuster tradeThe Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints have significantly reshaped the landscape of the 2022 and 2023 NFL drafts.

In a trade Monday that included eight overall picks, the Eagles are set to send the Nos. 16 and 19 picks in the first round to the Saints, who will send the No. 18 pick this year and a 2023 first-round selection back to Philadelphia.
The Eagles also will receive third- and seventh-round picks this year as well as a second-round pick in 2024, while the Saints will receive a sixth-round pick in 2022.
Philadelphia had been the only team scheduled to have three first-round draft picks in 2022, thanks to its deals last year with the Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins. Instead, the Eagles will have two selections both this year and in 2023. Next year's quarterback class is expected to be an improvement over this year's group, which could be a factor for an Eagles team still evaluating incumbent starter Jalen Hurts.
New Orleans will have additional ammo to reload as it transitions from longtime coach Sean Payton to Dennis Allen. A left tackle could be on the team's wish list after three-time Pro Bowl selection Terron Armstead left in free agency to sign with the Dolphins.
The trade is just the latest shake-up to the first round of this year's draft, as eight teams are currently set to be without a pick on the first day after making deals.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...461860002/

2 of our favorite teams!  :p

I want at least 2 firsts in next years draft.  I dont see how right now though with whats going to be off the board by 12,  still some nice players,  but do they get a team to give up a 1 next year to move up to grab?

Eagles are smart parlaying some of their draft capital to next year's draft. It gives them another season to evaluate Hurts as their starter and options if they decide he's not. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I want at least 2 firsts in next years draft.  I dont see how right now though with whats going to be off the board by 12,  still some nice players,  but do they get a team to give up a 1 next year to move up to grab?
Yep. I think most agree that drafting a QB early next year is a smart move. So getting an extra first would be huge. If the Vikings have the chance to move off #12 this year but still retain a first round pick (in 2022 and an extra in 2023) they should take it. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

Yeah if there was a QB someone wanted to move up for it could happen but doubtful with this crop. I think you could see a team looking to jump up if there's a run on WR's. It's going to be very interesting to see how our Wall Street analytics major works this first draft 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Eagles are smart parlaying some of their draft capital to next year's draft. It gives them another season to evaluate Hurts as their starter and options if they decide he's not. 
Its not only that, it shifts contracts when they need to re-up them. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Its not only that, it shifts contracts when they need to re-up them. 
It's a Zim fest----"we need another year to see if Hurts is our guy"

Hope the Eagles somehow manage to make the playoffs in 2023, and subsequently screw over the Saints  by shipping them a low 1st rounder next year.Smile

Guess blockbusters aren’t what they used to be, bfd…  Wink B)