Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mariota To The Falcons

[Image: MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg]
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 7m
That was fast: The #Falcons have agreed to a 2-year deal with QB Marcus Mariota

Really tips the QB arms race in the NFC favor.

I can always count on you adding your own spin to these Tweets. Outside of Rodgers, Brady, and Stafford, who else in the NFC can compete with the juggernauts in the AFC? It feels like the NFC will be a Triple A Farm Team.   

Quote: @"TBro" said:
I can always count on you adding your own spin to these Tweets. Outside of Rodgers, Brady, and Stafford, who else in the NFC can compete with the juggernauts in the AFC? It feels like the NFC will be a Triple A Farm Team.   
The sarcasm font was unavailable.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
[Image: MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg]
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 7m
That was fast: The #Falcons have agreed to a 2-year deal with QB Marcus Mariota

Really tips the QB arms race in the NFC favor.
Decent signing as a bridge QB for a rebuild.

Not sure on the details but it looks like the Falcons get the Colts 3rd rounder - pick 82 - 2022 draft.

I think the Falcons have about a 40million dead CAP hit for Ryan and the Colts have a CAP hit for Ryan of about 24 million.  

Falcons kicked the can down the road and obviously need to start a rebuild.  

I would think they will be looking at one of the QB's with pick 8 with Mariota as the season starter.  

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 3h
Marcus Mariota’s two-year contract with the #Falcons is effectively a one-year, $6.75 million deal with a $12M option for 2023. He gets a $5M signing bonus and $1.75M guaranteed base salary this year. A $3M roster bonus is due the 5th day of league year next March.