Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker requesting trade
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@El_Padre said:
There is a right way, and a wrong way to do business.  The Brown's always seem to find the wrong way, and I'm ok with that.  Entertaining a trade of a different QB is always hard to navigate, no doubt about it.  Letting it leak to the public that you "want an adult at QB?" you better be damn sure you have the deal locked up for the other guy. 

Semi-related, and I don't know if this is the case or not, if you forgo someones fifth year option, you should void your right to franchise tag said player.

When you say "adult" are you meaning charged as an adult?
Its one thing to flirt with another QB.  Its another to call your current QB a child and flirt with a sexual predator. 
Yeah that is some messed up shit right there. I just can't with Deshaun Watson.
not defending watsons actions,  but he hasnt been found guilty of anything yet,  and IIRC the whole story has been a little sketchy in terms of what gets released and who is being allowed to interview who,  this whole thing sounds screwy... or maybe he just is a freak.  Did he actually force any sexual contact?  I have my doubts since there were no charges brought, if all they have is him asking for sexual acts.... I have heard that kind of shit at bars on busy nights,  and honestly, ive heard from bob kraft that  there are massage places apparently that do offer those services.

its easy to hate on the guy for being a dbag to these women,  but its not like he was sending unsolicited pics of his junk to them.  

Wasn't there like 20 women?  At some point, where there's smoke there is fire. 
and they couldnt get a grand jury to bring charges?  I think a bunch of the allegation were him exposing himself or asking for shit,  but as far as I have heard there was only 1 or 2 that alleged that he made things physical and apparently those were not able to be substantiated.

my question is, even despite houstons size,  word gets around on shit like this pretty quickly,  especially within an industry,  why if he is such a pervy predator would these places/women continue to book him as a client?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@El_Padre said:
There is a right way, and a wrong way to do business.  The Brown's always seem to find the wrong way, and I'm ok with that.  Entertaining a trade of a different QB is always hard to navigate, no doubt about it.  Letting it leak to the public that you "want an adult at QB?" you better be damn sure you have the deal locked up for the other guy. 

Semi-related, and I don't know if this is the case or not, if you forgo someones fifth year option, you should void your right to franchise tag said player.

Its one thing to flirt with another QB.  Its another to call your current QB a child and flirt with a sexual predator. 
not defending watsons actions,  but he hasnt been found guilty of anything yet,  and IIRC the whole story has been a little sketchy in terms of what gets released and who is being allowed to interview who,  this whole thing sounds screwy... or maybe he just is a freak.  Did he actually force any sexual contact?  I have my doubts since there were no charges brought, if all they have is him asking for sexual acts.... I have heard that kind of shit at bars on busy nights,  and honestly, ive heard from bob kraft that  there are massage places apparently that do offer those services.

its easy to hate on the guy for being a dbag to these women,  but its not like he was sending unsolicited pics of his junk to them.  

and they couldnt get a grand jury to bring charges?  I think a bunch of the allegation were him exposing himself or asking for shit,  but as far as I have heard there was only 1 or 2 that alleged that he made things physical and apparently those were not able to be substantiated.

my question is, even despite houstons size,  word gets around on shit like this pretty quickly,  especially within an industry,  why if he is such a pervy predator would these places/women continue to book him as a client?

Big tipper…? Wink B)  

Even when the media was reporting Watson isn’t going to CLE, I wonder if Baker had inside intel that it was probably happening. 

In that light— which to me is plausible— it makes it seem like his trade request is more a case of, “YOU CAN’T FIRE ME, I QUIT!”  :p

I don’t know Baker Mayfield’s personality. He may be a dink. With that said, whomever from the club made that statement about him being a child IS an extremely unprofessional child themselves. Unreal that someone would say something so petty and probably lose potential trade return. I’d probably fire that person or give them some days off at least.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@El_Padre said:

This is where I am at. I don't believe that every single one of them was lying. 
Who knows the truth. But I sorta think if there's 1, you might question it. If there's 3 or 4, you might not . But if there's 20, you might kinda question it again. 

[Image: mky98uhgxh6v.jpeg]

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I don’t know Baker Mayfield’s personality. He may be a dink. With that said, whomever from the club made that statement about him being a child IS an extremely unprofessional child themselves. Unreal that someone would say something so petty and probably lose potential trade return. I’d probably fire that person or give them some days off at least.
You know, this is interesting. I've suspected for a long time that reporters can make up sources and quotes. In fact, its been proven historically that even Pulitzer Prize winners (just a few) have fabricated stories that have won them the award, sadly. There is so much drive today to have sensational takes and quotes in the 24/7 news cycle that how hard would it be to just lie? Not hard at all. Easy as hell to just say a 'team source' said this or that. Guaranteed its being done, I just have no idea to what extent. And its possible this quote you mention is legitimate, but to your point: what a DUMB thing to say to a reporter as you want some value for Mayfield. It makes you question the legitimacy of it.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:
You know, this is interesting. I've suspected for a long time that reporters can make up sources and quotes. In fact, its been proven historically that even Pulitzer Prize winners (just a few) have fabricated stories that have won them the award, sadly. There is so much drive today to have sensational takes and quotes in the 24/7 news cycle that how hard would it be to just lie? Not hard at all. Easy as hell to just say a 'team source' said this or that. Guaranteed its being done, I just have no idea to what extent. And its possible this quote you mention is legitimate, but to your point: what a DUMB thing to say to a reporter as you want some value for Mayfield. It makes you question the legitimacy of it.

Agree.  Did that quote come from the organization?  I thought it was just another armchair reporter comment to try and get clicks.  I can't imagine the Browns organization releasing a statement/comment like that.  

Calling your QB childish while replacing him with a guy of Watson's character is well, where's the mirror?

I found this and it looks like the "adult/spun childish comment was from Mortenson not the organization.  

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen was talking on “NFL Live” Wednesday and provided some insight on the Browns-Mayfield relationship. Mortensen essentially said that Cleveland feels Mayfield is too childish and that the team wants an “adult” at the position.
Quote:ESPN’s Chris Mortensen says Baker Mayfield and the Browns are breaking up because the Browns want an “adult” at QB pic.twitter.com/cXPIOKNklr
— gifdsports (@gifdsports) March 16, 2022
“The one thing I was told is that it’s just not a match emotionally. Whereas Baker Mayfield’s passion and emotional leadership was embraced at Oklahoma and even in the beginning with the Browns, things have changed. And they want what they consider an ‘adult’ at that position. Baker Mayfield is probably going to be moved,” Mortensen concluded.
That’s an interesting report for a few reasons.
Mayfield has long been known for having a short temper and being offended by even the smallest slights. But that was viewed as an asset by some because it motivates him. However, Mayfield couldn’t even handle the Browns discussing potential quarterback upgrades and wound up writing a farewell note to Cleveland. That was not a mature response to standard rumors many athletes are the subject of.
Secondly, many noted the irony of the Browns regarding Mayfield as too childish, while simultaneously pursuing Deshaun Watson. Watson is the subject of over 20 sexual assault allegations. Being accused of that many disturbing allegations is not a sign of a mature adult either, but it’s not deterring the Browns.

Another comment from me:

I will also add the support that OBJ seemed to have received when he bashed his starting QB (Baker) early last year when he was playing through multiple injuries.  OBJ is a childish punk and has been a team cancer at several stops where he didn't produce.  Nice that he landed with the loaded Rams late in the season because his injury plagued career is coming to a close.  
I think it is way too early to judge Mayfield.  Last year he played through multiple injuries (in a childish way) but the year before he played very well most of the season and into the playoffs.  I would really like to see Mayfield with the Colts, I think that is a great match for his skillset and he can be groomed by Reich.