Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaConfora: "Vikings looking to trade big salaries"
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
@supafreak84 said:
Per LaConfora the Vikings are "very open" to trading Kirk Cousins with Indianapolis and Seattle likely the most interested. 

Cousins is probably Seattle's plan B if they can't land Watson...
I know Seattle's hand was semi-forced to trade Wilson but why would they then have any interest in Cousins?  The younger Watson makes sense but not Cousins, to me at least.

I see Colts as a much better it for Cousins and maybe even Cleveland with the Mayfield flip.  

From what I've heard Pete Carroll is a fan of Cousins and their offensive coordinator was an offensive quality control assistant in Washington when Cousins was the quarterback. So there's some familiarity there. 
Yea I heard that as well but I would be surprised if Seattle really pushed to get Cousins.  Seattle doesn't strike me as a team that is a Cousins away from strong playoff push.  Colt's, Steelers, Browns, and even outsiders like Eagles and Miami seem more likely than teams like Seattle or Texans.  But that is just the way I see things.  We are only a few days and a barrage of transactions away from finding out all the behind the scenes machinations.  Right now, there really hasn't but much outside interest (reported) in getting Cousins.  But we will find out shortly what the interest level in Cousins was from the market.