Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Ryan - converted some $$$ and cleared 12 million in CAP

MAR 11 2022[Image: atl2.png]Matt Ryan, QBConverted a $7.5M of 2022 salary & a $7.5M roster bonus into signing bonus, adding 3 void years, clearing $12M of cap space with Atlanta (ATL)

Cap hit for 2022 - 37 million
Cap hit for 2023 - 47 million

I'm sure Kwesi is putting these types of proposals to Kirk in addition to an extension, but I hope he is playing hard ball with these numbers.  
Actually - I am for trading Kirk at even a decent deal.  But removing that:

We need to get Kirk's 45 million down to the 35 million range or less.  I also would want no more than a 2 year extension although that is also unlikely.  

Yeah the Falcons are just passing the financial burden on to next year and beyond. I hope the Vikings don't do the same with Cousins. Playing the cap shell game every offseason to get under the salary cap sucks. At some point it becomes time to pay the piper and I can't imagine that would be fun for a new GM trying to upgrade the roster 

Oh and food for thought...out of ALL players for the upcomong season, only Aaron Radgers currently carries a higher cap hit then Kirk Cousins. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Oh and food for thought...out of ALL players for the upcomong season, only Aaron Radgers currently carries a higher cap hit then Kirk Cousins. 
Unreal, what has Rodgers ever done to earn more than Cousins Smile

Not after he “signs”…  Confused 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

"If" he signs...

Something has to get done though either way in the next couple days. 

@"Kentis" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

"If" he signs...

Something has to get done though either way in the next couple days. 

Actually, I was referring to Rodgers…

Barring a trade or a new contract, Kirk Cousins will enter 2022 with the highest cap hithttps://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/12/barring-a-trade-or-a-new-contract-kirk-cousins-will-enter-2022-with-the-highest-cap-hit/