Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiet
I must say that with the league year about to start, the Vikings have been very quiet.  It looks like a very buttoned up operation to date.  Or they are just sitting on their hands not knowing what to do -- a catatonic state.  Still, I like to think that it is impressive that there is no news being linked by management or agents.

Trust has to be built with the new leadership. I like the quiet. Very soon we will have decisions we can argue about for years to come. Lol

Calm before the storm. Also, they had to get rid of and sign a lot of coaches, while also attending the combine last week. With everyone now on board I'll bet the conversations about cap and roster are consuming almost all of their time. Things will start coming out soon

Yup we are one week away from having to cut $15 million in salary before the deadline. The biggest domino is obviously Cousins contract and everythingelse falls into place after that. I firmly believe if Cousins prices himself out of a contract extension that works for the team moving forward, then he gets traded. Kwesi said it on the combine, Kirk is going to do what's best for Kirk, and Kwesi is going to do what's best for the team. Let's see how it plays out but something has to get done before next Wednesday 

I like it actually. I was sick and tired of the bullshit reckless speculation and regurgitated nonsense. I am ready to see how it plays out. Let the chips fall where they may.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
I must say that with the league year about to start, the Vikings have been very quiet.  It looks like a very buttoned up operation to date.  Or they are just sitting on their hands not knowing what to do -- a catatonic state.  Still, I like to think that it is impressive that there is no news being linked by management or agents.
Give it a year. GM has been in place 42 days the head coach 22 days. Between having to assemble a new front office, coaching staff, the senior bowl and combine there hasn't been much time to start establishing connections that would be the ones to "leak" any sort of info. 

They haven't even made a big decision yet about the roster.  Cousins is the elephant-in-the-room that will set off the fireworks no matter what decision they make.  

This might stir some things up:

Execs are convinced Seattle will now bid for one star QB, while the Vikings could move several big names
[Image: jasonlacanfora.png]

By Jason La Canfora 3 hrs ago

Several executives from teams who reached out to the Seahawks are convinced the Seahawks will package much of what they just landed for Wilson to make a strong bid for Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson if the outcome of the sexual assault and misconduct inquires he is facing leave him in okay standing with the NFL. Sure, Seattle could use one of these picks this year or next on a QB, but rival GMs would be stunned if they don't add a serious upgrade to Lock at some point this offseason.
And now the Broncos will turn their attention to add talent around Wilson – they already have potential breakout players at receiver – and go about extending his contract to keep him bound to the team for the duration of his career, or close to it.
Trade buzz: Vikings could move several big namesTrade conversations are heating up around the league, and while no other team will match the bombshell between the Seahawks and Broncos, there will be more action this week.
Several executives intimated they expect the Vikings to make multiple transactions. Much of the chatter has focused on quarterback Kirk Cousins and his huge contract and massive cap hit. But in general, league sources said the new regime in Minnesota is open to dealing several of their more high-priced veterans to try to reset the cap situation, add more draft picks and prepare for the future.
And the sense among some of the execs I spoke to is that the Vikings seem to understand that they aren't in position by and large to hit home runs with these trades (which are more like salary cap dumps). Receiver Adam Thielen, linebacker Eric Kendricks, defensive tackle Michael Pierce, even running back Dalvin Cook are names making the rounds. I'd be surprised if a few were not moved.

Things are heating up Smile

EAGAN, Minn. — The Vikings have made their first roster move of the 2022 offseason.
Minnesota announced Wednesday that it has signed defensive tackle T.Y. McGill.
McGill is returning to a defensive tackle group that currently includes the following players under contract: Michael Pierce, Dalvin Tomlinson, Armon Watts, James Lynch, Jordon Scott, T.J. Smith and Jaylen Twyman.
Sheldon Richardson is scheduled to become a free agent next week.
McGill spent eight weeks on the Vikings practice squad last season and was active for the final two games of the 2021 season, recording one tackle in those contests.
The Georgia native starred at North Carolina State and joined the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2015.
After Seattle released him during roster cuts, Indianapolis signed McGill. He played 25 games for the Colts in 2015 and 2016, recording 5.0 sacks for Indianapolis in those two seasons. One of his sacks came against the Vikings at U.S. Bank Stadium in Week 14 of the 2016 season.
McGill played 19 games through the 2017-2020 seasons with the Browns (2017), Eagles (2018), Chargers (2018-19) and Eagles (2020).
He spent two stints with Los Angeles that bookended two games in Philadelphia in 2018.