Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts looking at Jimmy G

Ben Leber
@nacholeber
· 3h
Garoppolo is likely the next QB to be dealt but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Niners hold onto him.

Rumors at the Combine is Lance isn’t ready and Jimmy G gives them the best chance in ‘22.

I cant imagine an org as good as the 49'ers would roll with Trey Lance as QB1 out of the chute in September. 

I have heard Jordan Love's name associated with the Colts too. 

I don't know how the Colts can think Jordan Love will make them a playoff team.  I think the Colts view themselves as an ascending team and there is nothing on film (as I recall) that makes me think Love is starter material.  It is not like Love has lit it up when he has played.

Lance is still very raw...show some glimpses...but mostly showed inaccuracy and an inability to read defenses.  But that was expected when he came out after limited play in college at a smaller program.  

But after such a huge investment you will have to give Lance a shot sometime next year - IMO.  

Garoppolo is going into his last season with about a 27 dead cap hit.  

I think I would roll with that combo again next season with the hopes of Lance taking over by mid season.  

From a positional standpoint the 49'ers are 34 million in on those 2 QB's which is not horrible.  Let Garoppolo walk next year with no hit and see if your gamble on Lance pays off.  

So, If I am a 49'er fan I would not trade Garoppolo.   

I'm hoping Riech likes Cousins and gives us value.  

Got to hand it to the Colts, for getting two 3’s w/ the potential upgrade to a 2 next year plus the WTF’s are assuming Wentz’s entire 3 yr contact. This for a guy they no longer wanted anything to do with…

Quote: @Kentis said:
Got to hand it to the Colts, for getting two 3’s w/ the potential upgrade to a 2 next year plus the WTF’s are paying Wentz’s entire 3 yr contact. This for a guy they no longer wanted anything to do with…
Agree, they got a lot more from the Commodes then anywhere else.  Wentz is so washed-up and apparently not well liked internally.  I heard that when he was with the Eagles but just brushed it off as being an Eagles thing.  But now you are hearing (ala Zimmer) that he has problems with the Colts brass as well after Reich took a huge chance on him.  Better Commodes than my Vikings but we have our own problems to solve.  

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Ben Leber
@nacholeber
· 3h
Garoppolo is likely the next QB to be dealt but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Niners hold onto him.

Rumors at the Combine is Lance isn’t ready and Jimmy G gives them the best chance in ‘22.
Yeah, this will be an interesting one to watch. Lance was SO raw. Playoff team's gotta have a QB. And starting a kid like that is a good way to turn a playoff team into a non-playoff team. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Ben Leber
@nacholeber
· 3h

Yeah, this will be an interesting one to watch. Lance was SO raw. Playoff team's gotta have a QB. And starting a kid like that is a good way to turn a playoff team into a non-playoff team. 
I'm guessing without the recent shoulder surgery, Garoppolo is already gone. 

With the way SF runs the ball, you could put in Lance and not miss a beat. Big gamble, but might pay off.

If I'm the Niners I 100% trade Jimmy G and roll with Lance. When you look at the last 5 games of the regular season and their 3 postseason games he threw 9 interceptions and had a QB Rating over 100 only twice. Their record in those games was 6-3, so they can obviously win with borderline below average QB play. Give Lance the reps and trust Shannahan to call plays that maximizes Lance's talents.