• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Ryan cap hit
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Like it or not, it's the market.
That's it exactly. It's less about the quality of the player and more about the timing of the contract. 
And that mentality is how so many teams end up with F150s or less for the price of an Escalade.  Nothing wrong with an f150,  unless you are paying for much more than you are getting.
Everybody pays for the Escalade. What they get varies from year to year. But everyone is in the same boat. As VG says, it's the market. You either play it or you don't compete. 
No,  everybody doesn't pay for the escalade.  Smart GMs wouldn't knowingly overpay just because "thats the market"  and drafting inside the top 15 2 years running isn't exactly competing.  
They don't see it as overpaying. They see as the market. Once you realize this, you'll live longer. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
That's it exactly. It's less about the quality of the player and more about the timing of the contract. 
And that mentality is how so many teams end up with F150s or less for the price of an Escalade.  Nothing wrong with an f150,  unless you are paying for much more than you are getting.
Everybody pays for the Escalade. What they get varies from year to year. But everyone is in the same boat. As VG says, it's the market. You either play it or you don't compete. 
No,  everybody doesn't pay for the escalade.  Smart GMs wouldn't knowingly overpay just because "thats the market"  and drafting inside the top 15 2 years running isn't exactly competing.  
They don't see it as overpaying. They see as the market. Once you realize this, you'll live longer. 
Theres a guy that was smart enough to know better,  and he has a fist full of rings to prove which way is better thinking. 

And I am so grateful that you are concerned for my well being,  thank you and God bless you. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Theres a guy that was smart enough to know better,  and he has a fist full of rings to prove which way is better thinking. 

And I am so grateful that you are concerned for my well being,  thank you and God bless you. 
Who are you referring to? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

Who are you referring to? 
Brady worked for less than the going rate several times during his career and as such was able to have better payers around him and was rewarded with many rings.  He didn't always see it that way,  but  he did it in Tampa (played for about 28 avg the. Last 2 years IIRC,  and I was thinking his last deal or two in Boston were for less than market as well.  Brady was great,  possibly the best of all time,  but he still added years to his career by playing with better OL and not taking so many hits and along the way he added some nice hardware.   I am sure that other GMs have to have seen the logic and value to this approach.  If Kirk was smart he would do similar,   if not KAM needs to be looking at this route for the future,  they will still make more money than they could ever need,  but maybe extend their careers or at least possibly improve their quality of life after the game by playing with better protection...and defenses.

Brady was the exception not the rule. I don't see anyone else doing that.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Brady was the exception not the rule. I don't see anyone else doing that.
Well if a player like Cousins with over 160 million in career earnings cant see the value in following a proven winners path,  then get him the fuck out of here and move on now.  I am tired of hearing how they work so hard and they love their teammates,and winning a ring would mean so much,  until its contract time and fuck it all,  they only care about themselves and want it all to themselves.  Same with guys like Hunter who hasn't done shit for 2 years wanting more money last year.  Yes he was underpaid,  but he also got paid for not doing a damn thing.