Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The local take...

From the local CBS Affiliate:

KOC had impressed the Vikings the most before Wednesday, he was their #1 guy at that time. 

Vikings and Harbaugh looked at these interviews very differently. Harbaugh was at the altar, Wilf's/KAM weren't even at the Church yet

Harbaugh's interviews went poorly from the get go. As the 9 hour day went on, his interviews continued to go south. 

At the end of the day, he left without an offer from the Vikings. 

Completely fine with this, it makes sense. Its just part of the KAMster and Wilfs doing their due diligence. They'd be remiss otherwise. Its just good process. For the Vikings to have told other candidates they aren't going to get an offer means they have one in principle with O'Connell. Its done, just have to wait until the 13th to make it official. 

Overdue change is here in Eagan. Applause.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

From the local CBS Affiliate:

KOC had impressed the Vikings the most before Wednesday, he was their #1 guy at that time. 

Vikings and Harbaugh looked at these interviews very differently. Harbaugh was at the altar, Wilf's/KAM weren't even at the Church yet

Harbaugh's interviews went poorly from the get go. As the 9 hour day went on, his interviews continued to go south. 

At the end of the day, he left without an offer from the Vikings. 
Like @MaroonBells said, Harbaugh couldn't suppress his ego for a day.

I'll take Tall McVay and run with it.

First of his name
Warden of the North
Jester of the jet sweep
Kings of the Iron Range

Long may he reign

I wonder what the initial call w/ team brass entailed. 

Regardless, I'm glad the situation is over and done with. KOC and Ryans were my two favorites going in, so with the hire now almost official, it's going to be interesting to watch this team's new identity begin to develop.

Now that the dust has settled a bit....

I like what the Vikings did with KAM/KOC 

2 young, bright progressive minds - very bright.
Bright is good
KOC was a player and relates to them well by all reports, so we're not bringing in a couple of nerds with no football intuition

Now its up to them...

As a fan? I'm re-energized/hopeful after being pretty apathetic. 

Oh well. I keep reading how he assumed the job was his and that his record entitled him to be treated differently than other candidates. You know what? Fuck that. Seriously? They had to do their due diligence. If he was assuming anything, did he take the interview seriously? Did he have an overinflated sense of self importance or did his ego get in the way? I don't know. All I know is he went back to Michigan with leverage after taking a pay cut previously.