Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me Ryans
I still like Kellen Moore but buzz seems to be diminishing around him. Morris is my other favorite of the rumored candidates. Pederson strikes me as a Mike McCarthy type. Not into that.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I still like Kellen Moore but buzz seems to be diminishing around him. Morris is my other favorite of the rumored candidates. Pederson strikes me as a Mike McCarthy type. Not into that.
McCarthy made his chops with the burden of Rodgers.

Pederson mad his with the luxury of Foles and Wentz Smile

I'm starting to think it might be Kevin O'Connell

Quote: @StickyBun said:
thats my feeling too. id like it. seems to be something good in the water at the SF coaching facility. 

Thats kinda the buzz I've heard as well.

I'm stoked with either Ryans or O'Connell, but I think I like O'Connell a little more.

One interesting thing about O'C is that he was Cousins' QB coach in Washington in '17. Dunno if that's good or bad for the Cousins camp, but former coaches of Cousins seem to like him, Zimmer likely excluded. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I'm stoked with either Ryans or O'Connell, but I think I like O'Connell a little more.

One interesting thing about O'C is that he was Cousins' QB coach in Washington in '17. Dunno if that's good or bad for the Cousins camp, but former coaches of Cousins seem to like him, Zimmer likely excluded. 
Sounds like it was down to Him (O'Connell) or Hackett in Denver so he must have interviewed pretty well.

Deneco Ryans is out. Declined a second interview with Minnesota. This is shaping up to be an OConnel/Harbaugh race 

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
Ryans is out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/31/demeco-ryans-declines-second-interview-with-vikings/

Obviously, he has read the tea leaves.

Wow! Interesting. I just posted in another thread saying it feels like this is Harbaugh's job to lose, before I had even heard this news about Ryans. Now I have to say it REALLY feels like Harbaugh is the frontrunner.
Hate to hear that guys are declining interviews but he has to do what's best for him. I personally would prefer an offensive-minded guy, be it Harbaugh, KOC, or to some extent Morris. So I can't say I'm crying over this news but still, Ryans seems like a great coach too.