Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A CG Weekend Prognostication
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
KC and Rams are both so much more talented and should win easily, however KC has been inconsistent and should have lost last week, while the Bengals have the right combination of talent and cockiness to pull off an upset.  The Rams are another team that has been very inconsistent and a tendency of choking, SF isn't close in talent, but is so much better coached.  I am hoping for KC and the Rams, but I won't be surprised to see both games go the other way.  
Mahomes with a mental meltdown to blow this game. He got a bad case of the nerves, very obvious. 
He got a very bad case of nobody open. 

It was surprising to me when the Bengals went to a 3 man DL the second 1/2, the game completely changed. Its hard for me to believe with those superb skill players, the Bengals had them blanketed so well/so much. I suspect they played the back 7 differently that second 1/2 too

@supafreak84 is right, the DC for the Bengals deserve some praise and adoration this am. 
Yes, he does. Both he and Zac Taylor. They didn't panic, adjusted at the half, stayed patient, stayed with the run and at the end of the game it all paid off with 8 to 12 yard gashes by Mixon as the clock wound down, and a chip shot to win the game. 

Everyone loves to blitz, but there's nothing more satisfying than watching an offense max protect, while the defense rushes three, meaning there are EIGHT defenders in coverage. Good luck finding an open receiver. 

Bengals just called a really good game on both sides. 

And I dont think 

Bengals vs Rams is what the NFL was hoping for in a SB game

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
And I dont think 

Bengals vs Rams is what the NFL was hoping for in a SB game
Nope. Fan bases are very small. There are plenty of Viking bars in this town, Packers bars, Chiefs bars, 49ers bars, Raiders bars.....can't say that I've ever heard of a Bengals bar or a Rams bar. LOL. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
KC and Rams are both so much more talented and should win easily, however KC has been inconsistent and should have lost last week, while the Bengals have the right combination of talent and cockiness to pull off an upset.  The Rams are another team that has been very inconsistent and a tendency of choking, SF isn't close in talent, but is so much better coached.  I am hoping for KC and the Rams, but I won't be surprised to see both games go the other way.  
Mahomes with a mental meltdown to blow this game. He got a bad case of the nerves, very obvious. 
He got a very bad case of nobody open. 

It was surprising to me when the Bengals went to a 3 man DL the second 1/2, the game completely changed. Its hard for me to believe with those superb skill players, the Bengals had them blanketed so well/so much. I suspect they played the back 7 differently that second 1/2 too

@supafreak84 is right, the DC for the Bengals deserve some praise and adoration this am. 
Yes, he does. Both he and Zac Taylor. They didn't panic, adjusted at the half, stayed patient, stayed with the run and at the end of the game it all paid off with 8 to 12 yard gashes by Mixon as the clock wound down, and a chip shot to win the game. 

Everyone loves to blitz, but there's nothing more satisfying than watching an offense max protect, while the defense rushes three, meaning there are EIGHT defenders in coverage. Good luck finding an open receiver. 

Bengals just called a really good game on both sides. 

If they're playing a 3/8 D....you run the F ck out of McKinnon and Edwards-Helaire...

Reid got out-coached and Mahomes got the yips.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
the mental breakdown was at the end of the 1st half , dumping off a screen pass to a double covered WR with 5 secs left.  0 points instead of going up by 14.  Bad way to end the half .

Quote: @"PapaScott" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
the mental breakdown was at the end of the 1st half , dumping off a screen pass to a double covered WR with 5 secs left.  0 points instead of going up by 14.  Bad way to end the half .
Good thing the Bengals didnt have Dantzler lined-up down there on that play...

Quote: @"PapaScott" said:

I put that on Reid, up by 11, why take the chance, kick the 3 and go up by 14, at that point they had the game in control.  5 seconds was too short to take a chance.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"PapaScott" said:

I put that on Reid, up by 11, why take the chance, kick the 3 and go up by 14, at that point they had the game in control.  5 seconds was too short to take a chance.  
there were 9 seconds before that play.  they ran 4 secs off before PM threw the ball to the ground, leaving 5.  that throw either had to get to the ground or be thrown in the End zone.  so you can blame Reid but PM made the decision to dump off the ball, he's got to be smarter than that and his previous play(s) would indicate he is smarter than that.  up by 11 or up by 14 it's still two scores , you go up by 18 and the Bengals have to score 3 times and you get the ball to start the second half.  It was worth the risk but PM has to be aware of the time and where the ball needs to go  either TD or to the ground.