Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh McDaniels "strong candidate" for Vikings head coach
I've always thought for him to stay in New England as long as he has, there's probably some type of agreement with Kraft to take over the Patriots after Belichick retired. Otherwise I'm not sure why he didn't take the Colts job last year 

I would love it!  Why not?  Dude has been coaching for a long time.

He agreed to coach the Colts and then go cold feet. Big deal. A lot of folks would argue they came out better with Frank Reich.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/1...ead-coach/

McDaniels only other opportunity came in Denver when they had Cutler at QB who they had to trade for Kyle Orton.

Talk about being behind the 8 ball.  Sheesh.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:

He agreed to coach the Colts and then go cold feet. Big deal. A lot of folks would argue they came out better with Frank Reich.

McDaniels only other opportunity came in Denver when they had Cutler at QB who they had to trade for Kyle Orton.

The why not for me is we just got rid of an HC who had some big time character flaws apparently. Josh McDaniels appears to be similar based on what I have seen/read.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Hell to the mother fucking no. He ditched Indy. Hard pass.
Tony Dungy is ripping into Josh McDaniels -- saying there's "no excuse big enough to justify" screwing over all of the asst. coaches who are getting burned in his coaching flip-flop.
"It’s one thing to go back on your word to an organization," Dungy said ... "But having assistant coaches leave jobs to go with you then leave them out to dry is indefensible. For COMFORT??"
This all stems from Josh's last minute decision to back out of a deal to coach the Indianapolis Colts and go back with the Patriots ... AFTER he lured a team of assistants to leave other jobs and sign contracts with Indy.
Now Indy will have to hire a new head coach -- and that person will likely blow out McDaniels' entire team and bring in his own guys. Dungy clearly believes the assistants are getting screwed big time.
"Has nothing to do with the Colts. It’s about the families of those assistant coaches that he totally disregarded. But who cares about them???!"
Dungy added ... "You don’t do that to the families of your peers."

Also, don't forget spygate that originated when he was with the Pats and then somehow followed him to Denver...hmmm.  Douch**g!  
I hope this is just his agent because I would stay away from him.  Think about all the coaches he screwed over when he backed-out of the Colts job.  I don't think he will be able to surround himself with a good staff with that me me me reputation.  Fool me once!

In fact, I hope the Vikings brass sends out a message saying "Josh McDaniel's" is not on our list for reasons (arsehole) that will remain private (arsehole).  That we would be a show of support for all the coaches that he did screw over.  Josh had to run back to pappy for protection and he should remain there.  

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:

The why not for me is we just got rid of an HC who had some big time character flaws apparently. Josh McDaniels appears to be similar based on what I have seen/read.
If that's a character flaw, I think you might as well discount 90% of the candidates.  Changing your mind isn't high on my list of things to put a guy in the penitentiary forever for.   

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:

If that's a character flaw, I think you might as well discount 90% of the candidates.  Changing your mind isn't high on my list of things to put a guy in the penitentiary forever for.   
Haha appreciate it, Bobby. I'll take a pass on a guy heavily involved with Spygate, had a lot of issues with Jay Cutler and other folks while at Denver, and did what he did with the Colts. I doubt 90% of candidates have that type of history while in the NFL. Seems to be a good OC, but there are a lot of those

He's so "strong" that no one including the Vikings has requested an interview with him.