Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getcha Popcorn Ready
I’ve heard every possible scenario for what the Vikings may do and there are strong points for each.
All I know is, my screen time on Monday is going to be embarrassing

Well, it's gonna be interesting. I think we probably start hearing some tidbits Sunday night. 

Here's about where I put the odds. 
Zimmer gone: 85%
Spielman gone: 45%
Cousins gone: 50%

Here's my reckless speculation:
Zimmer is fired Monday. Vikings begin search for HC with strong personnel experience. Rick is given the Elway promotion. But unlike Elway, who was the NFL's worst drafting GM, Rick, due in large part to his strong staff, including his scouting staff and Rob Brzezinski, retains at least part of that control, but now shares it with the new HC. Think Shanahan/Lynch relationship.

Vikings, upon the urging of the new HC, then begin talks with Cousins camp on a contract extension, but also field trade offers from the rest of the NFL. In case, y'know, someone wants to go nuts. If Cousins is traded, Vikings sign Teddy Bridgewater as a bridge to the next QB. Uncertain if Mond will be that guy, the Vikings are very much among teams who could take a QB in the draft.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Well, it's gonna be interesting. I think we probably start hearing some tidbits Sunday night. 

Zimmer is fired Monday. Vikings begin search for HC with strong personnel experience. Rick is given the Elway promotion. But unlike Elway, who was the NFL's worst drafting GM, Rick, due in large part to his strong staff, including his scouting staff and Rob Brzezinski, retains at least part of that control, but now shares it with the new HC. Think Shanahan/Lynch relationship.

Vikings, upon the urging of the new HC, then begin talks with Cousins camp on a contract extension, but also field trade offers from the rest of the NFL. In case, y'know, someone wants to go nuts. If Cousins is traded, Vikings sign Teddy Bridgewater as a bridge to the next QB. Uncertain if Mond will be that guy, the Vikings are very much among teams who could take a QB in the draft.  
This lines up with my thinking though I think Rick will be snipped, snipped a bit more.  I think they hire a new GM rather quickly.  I totally can see TB becoming the bridge QB and I find it strange that he has not been mentioned in the various articles about possible Vikings QBs for next year.

It will be interesting to see how they portion out responsibility
for the situation we’re in.  I think
Zimmer’s fate is pretty much sealed regardless of what the front office thinks,
just due to fan outrage.

Like are we bad at coaching players up or bad at picking the
right players?

I think even with Zimmer’s faults, we’d be in the playoffs this
season, if they had hired an experienced OC and/or a full coaching staff.  Not having an OL Coach/Rushing Coordinator, half
an LB Coach, and half a DL coach was incredibly stupid.  If that was purely Zimmer’s decision to go
lean on the coaching staff, the decisions pretty easy.  If there were other people influencing that
decision, then I think some of the blame needs to be shared however is
appropriate.  There’s no salary cap for
coaches.

I also think it’s interesting how the roster composition has
changed so drastically since Zimmer made those statements about not wanting to
get an expensive QB that would jeopardize the defensive roster.  If Spielman has been building a team that is
out of alignment with Zimmer’s vision, I think that should be factored in as
well.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

This lines up with my thinking though I think Rick will be snipped, snipped a bit more.  I think they hire a new GM rather quickly.  I totally can see TB becoming the bridge QB and I find it strange that he has not been mentioned in the various articles about possible Vikings QBs for next year.
My Odds:

Zimmer gone:     99.9%
Spielman gone:     20%
Spielman Elwayed:  35%
Spielman no change:  45%
Cousins gone/traded:  50% 

vs. what I want:

Zimmer gone: 100% a few year ago
Spelly Elwayed with new GM fresh approach to QB/OL - currently liking what Geoff mentioned in Ed Dodds (Seahawks/Colts)
Cousins traded 80% for even a decent deal but if we get little interest nothing we can do about that, and I can't blame the FO for no value in a trade. Takes two to tango Smile

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

My Odds:

Zimmer gone:     99.9999%
Spielman Elwayed:  50%
Spielman no change:  30%
Cousins gone/traded:  20% 

Denver, Pittsburgh, and Carolina as possible suitors for Cousins. But, I really don't think it happens. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
My Odds:

Denver, Pittsburgh, and Carolina as possible suitors for Cousins. But, I really don't think it happens. 

Too early to try and figure out teams that might have an interest in Cousin's, but you would think with his very good stats that their would be a market for him, right?

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
My Odds:

Too early to try and figure out teams that might have an interest in Cousin's, but you would think with his very good stats that their would be a market for him, right?

I'd think so. Washington could sure use him.

Right now I would think the Broncos would be the best suitor for Cousins.

They have most of the pieces in place and just need a solid veteran starter which Cousin's certainly is.  Paton knows everything behind the scenes on Cousins/Spelly so it will be very curious to me if they don't make a strong play for him.  I am assuming Rodgers stays in GB.