Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They be open for bizznes...
Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Knucklehead said:
@StickyBun said:
I think there's a thread on the board saying the only real picks in play are #4 or #5.  :p

Open for business might be more subjective this year.....

When all is said & done, I'll still be shocked if Arizona passes on MHJ. To be in the position to draft a blue chip talent such as MHJ & have him on a cheap contract for 5 years then pass on that opportunity is a questionable strategy to me. Arizona owns 11 picks including two in the 1st round already. It's not like they need more.
Don't forget there are supposedly teams who have Nabers higher than MHJ. My biggest fear is that the Cards trading down with the Giants, where they're still guaranteed one of MHJ and Nabers. 
There are some NFL personnel men who believe Malik Nabers is this draft class’ top wideout.
I am tending to agree,  the Giants are in a better spot than we are because they can still guarantee a team a shot a  blue chip player, that likely would be off the board by 11. I think this mentality is where the need to include next years first comes into play,  which at that point... they better be damn solid on who they are moving up for,  just cant count on finding a Purdy in the 7th to bail out a bad move like that.

NYG is a tough read. They currently have nothing at WR. If they make that trade up for a QB, they're going to be hanging Danny dimes out to dry yet again.
It kind of puts pressure on both the Giants and Cards at #4 if a deal gets done between them. If they both stick and pick they both get potentially generational WR's. QB is much more of a crap shoot if they are the 4th QB taken. The chargers at #5 with us seems like a safer trade for everyone involved. Do the Broncos have anything to trade?

I can see  the cards dealing  the #4 pick.

1. qb.
2.qb
3.qb\
4.qb
5 Chargers get MHjr.

Vikings would have to deal 11, 23 and a #1 in 2025 for the 4th best option at QB?at pick #4.

And if it goes  down that way on draft night it'd mean the Vikings  get  at best the #5 QB off the board  @ 11 only if no one trades up or stands pat and takes a qb at picks  6-10. 

For perspective  Culpepper in 1999 @ #11 and  was the 4th QB taken, (Couch, Mcnabb, Akili Smith)

Quote:It kind of puts pressure on both the Giants and Cards at #4 if a deal gets done between them. If they both stick and pick they both get potentially generational WR's. QB is much more of a crap shoot if they are the 4th QB taken. The chargers at #5 with us seems like a safer trade for everyone involved. Do the Broncos have anything to trade?
This. #11 and #23 should be enough to trade to #5 with the Chargers, assuming the Chargers are willing to trade. If the Vikings still fear the Giants moving up to #4 with the Cards, then the Vikings could move to #4 by trading their #5 pick and a future draft pick. It would probably only cost next year's third round pick (50% discount in trade value points for picks the following year). Cards could still get their pick of the WR group and get our third next year. Costs the Cards nothing and they still get their guy.