Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook on COVID list
Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
Prairieghost— I believe what you mean to say is-all players and coaches (whether vaccinated or not) are equally at risk of being put on a Covid list if they test positive. But I think what some may read that to mean all players and coaches are equally at risk of testing positive whether they are vaccinated or not.  And that is a proven scientific falsehood. Those who are fully vaccinated are FAR LESS LIKELY to contract Covid and if they do (because nothing is 100% effective) their symptoms tend to be FAR LESS severe. That’s different. And for someone to say yeah but how good did he play against Detroit? is frankly ridiculous. It’s completely irrelevant.That has nothing to do with Covid or one’s vaccination status. Even the best—like Dalvin Cook- are going to have games in which the struggle. He’s not a RB machine. 
As long as people think they could get Covid whether they are vaxed or not, and therefore why get vaxed? the longer this will go on. Mutations (like omicron) will continue to happen as long as the virus exists. If we allow the virus to grow unchecked, the mutations will happen at a faster rate. It’s a numbers game. The lower the numbers the fewer the mutations.
Well said, and here are the stats at the health system I work at regarding vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals:

[Image: FGmTUZEWYAkAYgE?format=jpg&name=medium]

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"Caactorvike" said:
Prairieghost— I believe what you mean to say is-all players and coaches (whether vaccinated or not) are equally at risk of being put on a Covid list if they test positive. But I think what some may read that to mean all players and coaches are equally at risk of testing positive whether they are vaccinated or not.  And that is a proven scientific falsehood. Those who are fully vaccinated are FAR LESS LIKELY to contract Covid and if they do (because nothing is 100% effective) their symptoms tend to be FAR LESS severe. That’s different. And for someone to say yeah but how good did he play against Detroit? is frankly ridiculous. It’s completely irrelevant.That has nothing to do with Covid or one’s vaccination status. Even the best—like Dalvin Cook- are going to have games in which the struggle. He’s not a RB machine. 
As long as people think they could get Covid whether they are vaxed or not, and therefore why get vaxed? the longer this will go on. Mutations (like omicron) will continue to happen as long as the virus exists. If we allow the virus to grow unchecked, the mutations will happen at a faster rate. It’s a numbers game. The lower the numbers the fewer the mutations.
Well said, and here are the stats at the health system I work at regarding vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals:

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"Caactorvike" said:

And I work for Sanford as well. Those are numbers for hospitalized patients only, not those who visit the clinic system with COVID. That screen saver does not represent the vast majority of cases. 

Again, for those of you who think I’m against the vaccine that’s not true. My point simply is having close physical contact with people who have COVID (diagnosed or undiagnosed) puts everyone at greater risk, even those who are vaccinated. That is why I made the physician comparison, as physicians are in close physical contact with their patients as well.

prairieghost— I take your point and it’s a good one. Constant, close contact with co-workers may well increase the spread. There is more to be learned.

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
prairieghost— I take your point and it’s a good one. Constant, close contact with co-workers may well increase the spread. There is more to be learned.
Thanks CA. Agree, there’s much, much more to be learned.

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
If you caught Covid and were unvaccinated, you should lose your game check.  

& they should also lose their livelihoods altogether,  right? 

why not just cut to the chase?

NT