Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes Vs Steelers - How they ran wild (with video breakdown)

This is a good read. Vikings confused the Steelers by mixing zone and gap run blocking, which led to some very effective play action passes. Curious to see if they do more of this in Chicago. Vikings offense has been good all year, but they could be ready to get on a roll. 

Now...about that defense. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
This is a good read. Vikings confused the Steelers by mixing zone and gap run blocking, which led to some very effective play action passes. Curious to see if they do more of this in Chicago. Vikings offense has been good all year, but they could be ready to get on a roll. 

Now...about that defense. 
I would say the offense has been good in spurts.  Would be nice if Kubiak is starting to settle in as a play caller and figuring out how to set up his playcalling.

Also, I think the defense has been bad in spurts.  Usually when teams go into hurry up, or pass happy mode.  Our DBs need to buy in and do their job.  I think Breeland has turned the corner over the last few games, hopefully Dantzler does as well.

For as much crap as Kubes JR has received, this offense is kick ass (LOL) 

So much so, that Kubes JR should be retained and possibly PROMOTED despite what else happens with the coaching staff.  

I can see now the possibility Zimmer is retained but put on a leash to delegate the DC duties. Much to the chagrin of many Z has improved as a HC this year.

I have wanted him gone since the Dallas game, but he has stepped up his head coaching game since then to the point where I dont see a huge benefit of change unless the new candidate is VERY strong.