Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe there is hope for this new O-Line
Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
What about the OSU guard we drafted, when will he have a chance to show his wares?  Hopefully, gets some playing time since this team not going anywhere...

Post Zim I believe….  Wink 

Kubes Jr has done an excellent job at play design.

Kubes Jr has done a shit job at play calling. I think he can improve.

I'd keep him, Dre, McCardell, and Ficken as part of the next regime.

I'd poach an ol coach from GB. They've continually made chicken salad from chicken shit.

Both of the kiddie coordinators have been inept at making in game and 1/2 time changes...

Quote: @Kentis said:
This probably helped:

Second Thoughts: In Dalvin Cook's return, Vikings opened up the playbook to open big holes
The Vikings complemented their zone running game with more gap scheme runs (12, according to Pro Football Focus) than they've used all season. Their first run of the game — a 20-yard Cook gain — came off an old-fashioned counter trap play that had Ezra Cleveland and C.J. Ham out in front of the running back. Cook's 30-yard run later in the first quarter came out of a spread formation where Justin Jefferson motioned out of the backfield and brought a Steelers defender with him, leaving the Vikings' offensive line to take advantage of a light box. And on Cook's 29-yard touchdown in the second quarter, the Vikings lined up with Luke Stocker and offensive lineman Blake Brandel (as an extra tight end) next to C.J. Ham on the line of scrimmage, running a duo play that Cook bounced outside before strolling into the end zone.

Changing up the running scheme, that was a novel idea, what someone wake up VirtualRico™️…? 
Wink 

https://www.startribune.com/dalvin-cook-return-vikings-steelers-harrison-smith-patrick-peterson-second-thoughts-ben-goessling/600125902/
Love this. But, damn, in a year that couldn't have been more frustrating, given the talent on this team, if the Vikings finally unlocked the puzzle that solved their run game at 5-7 and the playoff hopes nearly dashed, I guess that would be fitting. 

Love the max protect and the dot from Cousins and the non-call on OPI here (it wasn't). But watch Udoh eat Taco's lunch here. Then watch Oli put a pancake on a Taco. I know he didn't grade well with PFF, but it's clear to me that Udoh is our swing tackle next year, and a pretty good one at that. 

https://twitter.com/Sports24x7_/status/1...41986?s=20
https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/14...87238?s=20

I have to wonder if some bench time is what Bradbury needed. I also have to question how much our different scheme and play calling played into it. This is the first game I remember in some strike where they ran run plays that actually suited our personnel. 
With that positive on the play calling, they still can’t stop themselves from running 19 frigging screen plays that never work, week after week. It’s literally insane play calling. Terry Bradshaw finally spoke up about it after the game. I’m sure he reviewed tape and saw the same stupid play calling I’ve seen since the start of the season. They are drive killers yet Kubes can’t stop himself from running them.

Best thing for this offense is tailor the playbook to the players strengths. Cousins is elite downfield and that should be the focus. More vertical and less west coast. They do it sometimes, but then they quickly revert to their bad habits. More zone scheme with some actual creativity over the typical super predictable vanilla nonsense they’ve been running most of the season.

At the end of the day, we have one of the better offenses in the league DESPITE so many areas for improvement. We lose because our defense is abysmal with the defensive play calling often indefensible. I don’t want Zimmer out for being a bad head coach, I want him out for being a hard headed set in his ways crappy defensive coordinator. 
Both lines? I really like some of the talent that is developing on both sides. Guys we’ve drafted and brought in. If Darrisaw could just get healthy, he’s a game changer for that lime. We haven’t seen a ton of tape on him, but he sure has looked the part.

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I have to wonder if some bench time is what Bradbury needed. I also have to question how much our different scheme and play calling played into it. This is the first game I remember in some strike where they ran run plays that actually suited our personnel. 
With that positive on the play calling, they still can’t stop themselves from running 19 frigging screen plays that never work, week after week. It’s literally insane play calling. Terry Bradshaw finally spoke up about it after the game. I’m sure he reviewed tape and saw the same stupid play calling I’ve seen since the start of the season. They are drive killers yet Kubes can’t stop himself from running them.

Best thing for this offense is tailor the playbook to the players strengths. Cousins is elite downfield and that should be the focus. More vertical and less west coast. They do it sometimes, but then they quickly revert to their bad habits. More zone scheme with some actual creativity over the typical super predictable vanilla nonsense they’ve been running most of the season.

At the end of the day, we have one of the better offenses in the league DESPITE so many areas for improvement. We lose because our defense is abysmal with the defensive play calling often indefensible. I don’t want Zimmer out for being a bad head coach, I want him out for being a hard headed set in his ways crappy defensive coordinator. 
Both lines? I really like some of the talent that is developing on both sides. Guys we’ve drafted and brought in. If Darrisaw could just get healthy, he’s a game changer for that lime. We haven’t seen a ton of tape on him, but he sure has looked the part.
A head coach is responsible for his coaching staff, offense, defense, ST and in game adjustments and situational coaching.  Zimmer was above average at one phase for about 5 years and has not progressed above average in any other phase.  I want him gone for not being a good Head Coach for the whole Team.  

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@JimmyinSD said:
maybe we should wait until we play the bears or the packers again before we exhale on our OL concerns.
Akeem Hicks and Kenny Clark approve this message.
I think some guy named Aaron Donald approves too...13 teams passed on him, including the Vikings who took Barr