Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well that was one helluva trip
Quote: @HappyViking said:
Thanks for the report, and it's awesome you were there for that game!  The Vikings offense destroyed that "great" Packers D, and you were there to witness it and scream out the Skol Chant - SKOL![Image: giphy.gif?cid=f17b4fcdfca7a41d55a5915f42...=giphy.gif]
Oh there was a lot of screaming that day. I can barely speak now, which might give me a good excuse to not have to talk much during Thanksgiving. Maybe just a few head nods here and there.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@HappyViking said:
Thanks for the report, and it's awesome you were there for that game!  The Vikings offense destroyed that "great" Packers D, and you were there to witness it and scream out the Skol Chant - SKOL![Image: giphy.gif?cid=f17b4fcdfca7a41d55a5915f42...=giphy.gif]
Oh there was a lot of screaming that day. I can barely speak now, which might give me a good excuse to not have to talk much during Thanksgiving. Maybe just a few head nods here and there.
So is the SKOL chant as epic as it seems?

Thats awesome PC! Glad you had a great trip up here! 

Quote: @greediron said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@HappyViking said:
So is the SKOL chant as epic as it seems?
I'l say this - overall a resounding yes, but there some spots where people are just like f*** it I'm not standing up lol. I'm taking it as mostly the Packer fans who showed up to the game (you could hear that ghastly Go Pack Go chant at times), but a few Vikings fans in my area were lazy lol. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Thats awesome PC! Glad you had a great trip up here! 
Much appreciated, Mike! And I'm definitely making it an annual trip. Both the GF and I did not want to leave.

Did the pilgrimage to Vahalla the opening season of the new stadium.  We beat the Cards in a high scoring game.  Did the trip with my old high school group of guys and none are Viking fans Smile so I did a good sales job of getting them to Minnesota in the winter.  We are all in PA.  We all loved the stadium, downtown and Manny's.  The best part of Manny's was we all ordered our steaks etc and at the end my one buddy picked up the whole tab so it made it even more memorable.  All that said and you did with a Viking victory over the Packers, sweet!

Quote: @minny65 said:
Did the pilgrimage to Vahalla the opening season of the new stadium.  We beat the Cards in a high scoring game.  Did the trip with my old high school group of guys and none are Viking fans Smile so I did a good sales job of getting them to Minnesota in the winter.  We are all in PA.  We all loved the stadium, downtown and Manny's.  The best part of Manny's was we all ordered our steaks etc and at the end my one buddy picked up the whole tab so it made it even more memorable.  All that said and you did with a Viking victory over the Packers, sweet!
Unfortunately, I picked up the tab (well, it was just for me and my GF). But at least I had leftovers that lasted us the rest of the trip! The game itself was the best part (obviously), just maybe not for my overall health.

That's it, you are good luck for the team. You have to come back.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
That's it, you are good luck for the team. You have to come back.
Now you jinxed it  :p