Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Down Charlie is In the House
Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Mike Olson said:
@pattersaur said:
Kirk and the entire offense looks terrible. Again. Not sure why I keep subjecting myself to this pain.
EDIT- Anyone thinking it's 100% coaching and that Kirk would be amazing with some other coach is either not watching the games or is delusional. He has twice the talent of a guy like Heineke, and half the grit.
It is 99% coaching. This thing went pear shaped a couple seeks ago for the players. You are starting to see the wheels come off because there is nobody driving the bus that has a clue what to do. 
Disagree. We absolutely need new coaches but we need a new QB too. Not throwing past the sticks on 3rd down has devolved into self-parody. 

And what’s worse, Kirk seemingly has very little situational awareness (pairs nicely with Zim!). Before the half today he could’ve taken a sack on yet another failed 3rd down try, but instead threw it into the dirt. Stopping the clock and giving LAC a chance. Plays like that you don’t have to be an all-world athlete like Kirk is. You just have to be smart. He does rookie type stuff like this every game and it drives me crazy. 
Whatever coach comes in is going to choose what to do with QB anyways. So it is basically moot. It will be what it will be. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Brutal coaching toward the end of the 1st half. This is how the Vikings lose close games. Just horrible clock management. Lucky the Chargers couldn't take advantage. 
I was stunned to hear the stat they gave during the game that we have given up 45 points in the last 2 minutes of the half and we gave up another 7 last week so it is now 52!  That is inexcusable, we are getting out to a lead and then just giving away points and most of those 52 points are TDs where would could not at least hold them to 3. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
@StickyBun said:
Brutal coaching toward the end of the 1st half. This is how the Vikings lose close games. Just horrible clock management. Lucky the Chargers couldn't take advantage. 
I was stunned to hear the stat they gave during the game that we have given up 45 points in the last 2 minutes of the half and we gave up another 7 last week so it is now 52!  That is inexcusable, we are getting out to a lead and then just giving away points and most of those 52 points are TDs where would could not at least hold them to 3. 

That is what happens to your defense when that are gassed out towards the end of the game.  Just too many three and outs trying to run the clock out with all the run plays and dump passes in order to preserve a lead.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@JR44 said:
@StickyBun said:

That is what happens to your defense when that are gassed out towards the end of the game.  Just too many three and outs trying to run the clock out with all the run plays and dump passes in order to preserve a lead.

they wouldnt be so gassed if they didnt give up so many long drives earlier in the games though either.  Our D gets that excuse thrown out in their defense quit often,  but their first half/3quarters time of possession allowed certainly doesnt help matter.  they need to say F the bend dont break shit and play to get off the field and protect field position.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@JR44 said:
@StickyBun said:

I think it is less about the 3 and outs and more about giving up 30+ first downs.

The offense has put up way more than enough points to win ballgames this year most games.