Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlook on the Vikings Offense
I have a hard time believing they will be as ineffective as a year-ago.

But with so many new pieces, I don't know what the ceiling is, when they'll reach it or how. 

Let the games begin...Cant wait to attend the MNF opener. 

I saw a screen game and zone blocking scheme being worked on in a very vanilla way.  When our starters were in there I saw a better pocket for Sam then I have all of last year and the year before with Teddy.  Sure their were the miscue's, mostly by Remmers and the TE, but overall I liked what I saw of the protection and screen game.

Boone's strength was not in pulling and moving in a zone blocking game so I hope Easton/Berger are better at that but Elflein looked good getting to the second level and pass protection.

The 3rd game, Digg's 2 drops of 12+ yards killed two drives.  The game before with the starters on our first drive and a 5 yard loss on a swing pass to Cook, Sam faked a handoff and Cook knocked the ball out of his hands.  Also Cook gave up one sack when he failed to block and ran out in a pattern instead....rookie mistakes that happen but better to happen when the games don't count.  Digg's 2 drops are a preseason thing - he had 3 all last season.

The Offense will find a groove after the OL gels and some rookies get up to speed - both Cook and Elflein.  But mistakes will happen and it is going to take awhile for a new starting 5 unit to get in sync.

I think our offense will increase our points per game into the 20-15 range which I think would be about 23 pts per game.  We scored 20.9 per last year.  

I see some real difference from Shurmur already in just preseason glimpses.  

The OL has changed somewhat, but I will state right here that I think Berger is going to be a weak link as the season goes on.  I don't think his body can keep up anymore.

My only concern on the oline is Remmers.  He didn't show well at all so far.  I think the offense will be better.  How many pts per game better?  I am hoping for a 3-4 pts per game improvement on average.