Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many coaches on the hot seat
I was just wondering because the number of quality candidates to openings is probably not going to be equal. Also some of the coaches hired last year still have sucky teams. Yeah I know some will give additional time but yeah. There's my ramble. Thoughts on who else is looking? 

I think it's a pretty good year to be in the market. Most of the semi-annual teams who are constantly on the rotisserie, signed coaches last year. Of course, there will be a couple surprises, and Urban's heart may not be in the pro game. Other than that, there's the Bears, Giants, and Vegas. 

I am not too sure about Giants (young team, young QB, way too many injuries). I’ll the following to watch closely:
  1. Lions: I dont know how you stick with Campbell if they go 0-17 as hard as it seems since they still have to play the Vikings.
  2. Miami: The lack of trust with the current QB they drafted, poor game management and under performing defence may doom Brian Flores. Oh and that terrible game in London.

The vacancies that will make it hard for the vikings will be those with a combination of the following:
  1. Top 10 draft positions.
  2. Many draft picks 
  3. An established defense
  4. Chance to get a qb of their own
  5. Currently coached by a defensive minded coach since teams turn to alternate hires for the most part.
  6. Good salary cap situation. 

Joe Judge, Vic Fangio, Zimmer.   Urban Meyer won't get canned but he might bolt for USC.   Pete Carroll might retire.    I think Campbell gets a 2nd year regardless of the Lions' record.   

That's all I see right now but things can change and some teams are trigger happy -- the opposite of our ultra patient ownership that believes in the misguided concept of continuity brings championships.  It doesn't.  Championships breed continuity, not the other way around, Zygmunt.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Joe Judge, Vic Fangio, Zimmer.   Urban Meyer won't get canned but he might bolt for USC.   Pete Carroll might retire.    I think Campbell gets a 2nd year regardless of the Lions' record.   

That's all I see right now but things can change and some teams are trigger happy -- the opposite of our ultra patient ownership that believes in the misguided concept of continuity brings championships.  It doesn't.  Championships breed continuity, not the other way around, Zygmunt.
So we are thinking:

Giants - maybe
Vikings/Broncos/Bears - probable
Raiders - other then fill-in

5 possible coaching changes.  

Miami is a real possibility

I don't think Nagy is going anywhere in Chicago...

No way they continue with that steaming dog pile in Detroit. I could see Miami moving on. 

Hadn't thought about Carrol before, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he hung it up. 

Hey, if Zimmers team goes on a run? That might be enough to keep him around longer. Wilfs at one point were paying how many coaches including Chilly? 

Bet they dont want that again. But they cant like hearing all the boos as frequently as they're hearing em @ USB either. Wonder if the rumors were remotely true they were ready to can him until Diggs made the Mpls Miracle famous? 

[Image: 86kpx1lg1oyu.jpeg]
Zimmer’s seat is so hot, his chair in Kentucky spontaneously combusted late Sunday!  Wink