Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please for the love of god put him out to pasture
Quote: @Rigby said:
Not a fan of chasing points in the first half. Going for 2 instead of kicking the XP could have cost the game. 
you get a shot at 2 from the 1 yard line I take that chance every time.  The play call sucked,  but I think you always go for 2 when you are given half the distance by penalty and have the momentum...now the refs fiddle fucked around and chilled the momentum,  but I still think Zim made the right call at the time.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@pattersaur said:
I understand that Zim supporters will see the detractors as crybabies. “We’ve won 2 straight!”

But it’s so obvious our conservative offense is holding this team back that it’s painful. 

Dalvin is hurt. We gave him 30+ touches today! On a day when Thielen was on fire and JJ and KJO and even Conklin were looking great. Plus Mattison exists. It’s just dumb. “But it worked!” Yes I know. But jamming a square peg into a round hole is a helluva lot harder than using a round peg. That’s my problem with Mike Zimmer in 2021. 
wait?  Theres still Zimmer supporters?
I'm one.  (Zimmer supporter)

We've been "beat" in 5  quarters, this year, by my count,  imo. Out of 30. 

The 1st Q against Cincy, and 3Q  against Cleveland and 1Q against Seattle.  
(Cleveland game we were clearly out-matched on the line of scrimmage, even tho we're improved there)

We went toe/toe on the road vs Arizona at their home (last undefeated in NFL-- guess who they may not want to see again?), let em off the hook with a missed chip-shot FG.   If not for Kicker heroics by Cincy, combined with our continued inexplicable curse on our Kickers...we're 4-1. ('cept  Detroit, more cursed than us)   

Yeah, I know.  We're 3-3, and I do believe "you are what your record says you are". 

5 reasons for optimism (imo): 
  • improved OL play  (wasn't that the key, going into this season?)
  • we've been competitive in every loss
  • we've been relatively injury-free, poised to start stacking some W's 
  • near-elite QB play
  • strong running games and good defense are STILL the "formula" -- we have both (I think both will get even better)
If we make it to playoffs and are @ Arizona......we're in their head, already.  Smile   Courtesy, Zim.  Wink