Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was nice to see Darrisaw out there today!
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Vikings get a chance to evaluate Christian Darrisaw, remain undecided on his roleThe rookie left tackle, who missed most of training camp and the first three games with an injury, rotated with starter Rashod Hill on Sunday and played 28 snaps.

Vikings rookie left tackle Christian Darrisaw's NFL education will continue Sunday in Carolina, where he may be in another rotational role with Rashod Hill, if not become the starter after making his debut last week against the Lions.
Experience is the best teacher, and Darrisaw needs a lot after the 23rd overall pick missed most of training camp, the preseason and three regular-season games because of a core muscle injury that appears to be behind him. Coach Mike Zimmer briefly chuckled when asked if it's helpful to finally evaluate Darrisaw's game reps. He got 28 against Detroit.
"We'll get him some more this week, probably," said Zimmer, who added a decision on Darrisaw's role would be made Friday.
Darrisaw drew the Vikings' first-round attention because of rare physical gifts that include light feet and 34 ¼-inch arms, giving him a long wingspan to keep edge rushers at bay. During his first game in 10 months, Darrisaw showed off the athleticism at a listed 315 pounds that's expected to help open lanes for running back Dalvin Cook.
"He could get to the backside guy and cut him off," Zimmer said. "He could get to the backside linebacker. Just the quickness that he has."
Darrisaw's talents have been apparent to co-defensive coordinator Andre Patterson as the rookie is now in his third straight week of full practices.
"He's got good feet for a big man," Patterson said. "He's strong, he can anchor. He's got strong hands on him. He has the ability to grab and hold you. So for him, it's just going to be getting reps, getting as much reps as he possibly can to continue to improve.
"https://www.startribune.com/vikings-notebook-christian-darrisaw-dalvin-cook-everson-griffen-chris-herndon/600106358/
He's the first guy we've had in awhile built like a LT: 6'5", 325 lbs but natural weight. Thick from the waist down. HE CAN ANCHOR. When's the last time we had a LT that had some thick to him? He'll be starting full time after next Sunday and won't look back.

dipshit McKinnie
Yup, Mount McKinnie was probably the last...

Mount, Hutchinson and Dave Dixon are the biggest people I have ever met in me life. 

Wonder how Udoh matches up to Dixon?
Time will tell. And unless I'm not reading the Pro-Football Reference correctly, olde Dave had one hell of a career:

Dixon was listed @ 6'3 343 lbs
Played for the Vikings from 1994 - 2004
Played 152 games, started 134 of em
During that CAREER he had 11 holding penalties and 12 false starts

Yah, we'd take that and run with Oli  :p

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...xoDa20.htm
He was the epitome of an offensive guard.  Unknown, unheralded, underappreciated.

And I was talking size in how they measured up.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Vikings get a chance to evaluate Christian Darrisaw, remain undecided on his roleThe rookie left tackle, who missed most of training camp and the first three games with an injury, rotated with starter Rashod Hill on Sunday and played 28 snaps.

Vikings rookie left tackle Christian Darrisaw's NFL education will continue Sunday in Carolina, where he may be in another rotational role with Rashod Hill, if not become the starter after making his debut last week against the Lions.
Experience is the best teacher, and Darrisaw needs a lot after the 23rd overall pick missed most of training camp, the preseason and three regular-season games because of a core muscle injury that appears to be behind him. Coach Mike Zimmer briefly chuckled when asked if it's helpful to finally evaluate Darrisaw's game reps. He got 28 against Detroit.
"We'll get him some more this week, probably," said Zimmer, who added a decision on Darrisaw's role would be made Friday.
Darrisaw drew the Vikings' first-round attention because of rare physical gifts that include light feet and 34 ¼-inch arms, giving him a long wingspan to keep edge rushers at bay. During his first game in 10 months, Darrisaw showed off the athleticism at a listed 315 pounds that's expected to help open lanes for running back Dalvin Cook.
"He could get to the backside guy and cut him off," Zimmer said. "He could get to the backside linebacker. Just the quickness that he has."
Darrisaw's talents have been apparent to co-defensive coordinator Andre Patterson as the rookie is now in his third straight week of full practices.
"He's got good feet for a big man," Patterson said. "He's strong, he can anchor. He's got strong hands on him. He has the ability to grab and hold you. So for him, it's just going to be getting reps, getting as much reps as he possibly can to continue to improve.
"https://www.startribune.com/vikings-notebook-christian-darrisaw-dalvin-cook-everson-griffen-chris-herndon/600106358/
He's the first guy we've had in awhile built like a LT: 6'5", 325 lbs but natural weight. Thick from the waist down. HE CAN ANCHOR. When's the last time we had a LT that had some thick to him? He'll be starting full time after next Sunday and won't look back.

dipshit McKinnie
Yup, Mount McKinnie was probably the last...

Mount, Hutchinson and Dave Dixon are the biggest people I have ever met in me life. 

Wonder how Udoh matches up to Dixon?
Time will tell. And unless I'm not reading the Pro-Football Reference correctly, olde Dave had one hell of a career:

Dixon was listed @ 6'3 343 lbs
Played for the Vikings from 1994 - 2004
Played 152 games, started 134 of em
During that CAREER he had 11 holding penalties and 12 false starts

Yah, we'd take that and run with Oli  :p

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...xoDa20.htm
You're right, obviously. Any time you can get 10 years from a starter you take it and run.

I would only add that Udoh is a far better athlete than Dixon ever was. He's just a baby too. I think his upside is enormous. 

I looked a second time and he got beat a couple times when his feet stopped. Outcomes were great as i didnt see any hits on our QB. To me that is the most important stat as KC can get a little jumpy when hes getting knocked around. See Browns film. 

Overall?  Hes good enough to get him in there and let him learn on the job. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
I looked a second time and he got beat a couple times when his feet stopped. Outcomes were great as i didnt see any hits on our QB. To me that is the most important stat as KC can get a little jumpy when hes getting knocked around. See Browns film. 

Overall?  Hes good enough to get him in there and let him learn on the job. 
From what I've seen, read and heard, he made some mistakes but none were consequential. If he plays a whole game, it's likely we'll see some of those mistakes have an impact. Anyone expecting a clean game from him this early isn't being realistic. 

Still, I don't see him getting bowled over any time soon by a bull rush the way Hill was. And that will be an improvement. 

Wyatt Davis active for first time....

#Vikings inactives

QB Kellen Mond
WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette
LB Chazz Surratt
DT Michael Pierce
TE Ben Ellefson
DE Patrick Jones IITranslate Tweet