Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer on offense
Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"BStads" said:
I wonder if the playcalling and time management would be viewed differently by fans if they had won against the Bengals and Cardinals? Both games were well within reach for wins (on the road). 

But, running out the clock beginning with the 2nd half is a little frustrating. That is not the halftime adjustment I care to see. 

The Vikings seem to like sitting on a lead, even when they don’t have it. 

Na, we’d just feel less snake bit….  B) 
Yup...

We're all arm chair QB's at heart.

I'm needing to remind myself to be positive, especially Q1 of the season. For me, the fans who dont want to read another bitch post and my wife. We'll see how I feel after the next 2 games.

Next 2 are imo a real fork in the road for the season. 

Trying hard to keep the draft pick mentality beast at bay.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"BStads" said:
I wonder if the playcalling and time management would be viewed differently by fans if they had won against the Bengals and Cardinals? Both games were well within reach for wins (on the road). 

But, running out the clock beginning with the 2nd half is a little frustrating. That is not the halftime adjustment I care to see. 

Yup...

I'm needing to remind myself to be positive, especially Q1 of the season. For me, the fans who dont want to read another bitch post and my wife. We'll see how I feel after the next 2 games.

It's so hard to be positive when we gave away two games in the easy part of our schedule. Looking ahead makes it difficult to be optimistic when our next 5 opponents have winning records and we all know how Zimmer does against teams with winning records

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Have we even had an 2nd half offensive TD, help me out here…

edit: haven’t scored one since week 1 
Confused 

Embarrassing. Wonder if Zimmer even pays enough attention to the offense to know this fact.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"BStads" said:

Yup...

It's so hard to be positive when we gave away two games in the easy part of our schedule. Looking ahead makes it difficult to be optimistic when our next 5 opponents have winning records and we all know how Zimmer does against teams with winning records
Sucks to be 2-3 with such a talented roster. But here's the deal. There isn't a team on our schedule we shouldn't beat if we play like we did against Arizona and Seattle. And because of our youth, this is a 2nd half team--meaning 2nd half of the season. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"BStads" said:

Yup...

Sucks to be 2-3 with such a talented roster. But here's the deal. There isn't a team on our schedule we shouldn't beat if we play like we did against Arizona and Seattle. And because of our youth, this is a 2nd half team--meaning 2nd half of the season. 
Remains to be seen, but I hear you: its not like anyone blew out the Vikings so far. If they can stabilize at 3-3 with a win on Sunday, its possible they could be gelling and improving in ways that lead to wins. I don't trust them but yet I can't count them out, either. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"BStads" said:

Yup...

Remains to be seen, but I hear you: its not like anyone blew out the Vikings so far. If they can stabilize at 3-3 with a win on Sunday, its possible they could be gelling and improving in ways that lead to wins. I don't trust them but yet I can't count them out, either. 
Hopefully get to .500 in Carolina, get a week off, get healthy and begin the Darrisaw era. Darrisaw-Cleveland-Bradbury-Udoh-O'Neill should be a pretty good line late in the year (and beyond) if they can string some games together. 

Starting to see some things in the metrics that suggest the Vikings defense could be coming around as well. Might be a few more weeks before we see the complete game we all want tho. Sunday night at home against Dallas in week 8 would be a good time.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"BStads" said:

Yup...

Hopefully get to .500 in Carolina, get a week off, get healthy and begin the Darrisaw era. Darrisaw-Cleveland-Bradbury-Udoh-O'Neill should be a pretty good line late in the year (and beyond) if they can string some games together. 

Starting to see some things in the metrics that suggest the Vikings defense could be coming around as well. Might be a few more weeks before we see the complete game we all want tho. Sunday night at home against Dallas in week 8 would be a good time.

You guys are so optimistic, how dare you, this is a Vikings message board