Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When a Win Feels Like a Loss
I think Viking fans are conditioned to expect a loss in the last 2 minutes after mistskes happen and simply don’t expect a win with 37 seconds remaining. It doesnt happen often for this team. 

That may be why it feels like a loss—we are used to it ending in a loss. 

I’m sure the Bengals and Cardinals don’t feel like they lost their game against the Vikings. We should feel likewise with this win over the Lions. 

Quote: @"BStads" said:
I think Viking fans are conditioned to expect a loss in the last 2 minutes after mistskes happen and simply don’t expect a win with 37 seconds remaining. It doesnt happen often for this team. 

I’m sure the Bengals and Cardinals don’t feel like they lost their game against the Vikings. We should feel likewise with this win over the Lions. 
Much different end of game scenarios vs both of those teams. We had the Lions game, it was done. Then the fumble happened

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"BStads" said:

Much different end of game scenarios vs both of those teams. We had the Lions game, it was done. Then the fumble happened
i agree. i was just thinking of all those games where the Vikings lost the lead in the minutes and never got it back. 

The last game was different—they came back and won! Maybe this is a positive? A new mindset for the team.