Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions

1. Why does Barr have the green dot?  Why is Barr the person who gets the calls from the coaches?  He has been out for more than a year.  This is his final year.  Why not Kendricks (the middle linebacker) or Smith (the safety).  
  2. How did Watts play 2 more plays than Tomlinson on Sunday?
  3. What do they do with Dozier now that he can't be brought up to the roster anymore (without permanently bringing him up)?  And why have they continued to bring him up?  And do I really care?  Has Dozier become a symbol of everything wrong with the Zimmer reign?
  4. Do you wonder why no team has tried to sign Rose off Vikes practice squad with all the injuries at RB?  Or anyone off the practice squad?
  5. Is there a single coach on the staff that will speak truth to power (Zimmer)?  

No idea on Dozier.  Don't understand that roster position at all.

As to Barr and the green dot, perhaps the coaches find him the best on field general.  He is level headed, smart and is one of the key components of the D.  Kendricks is a bit more emotional and maybe less clear headed.  

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:

1. Why does Barr have the green dot?  Why is Barr the person who gets the calls from the coaches?  He has been out for more than a year.  This is his final year.  Why not Kendricks (the middle linebacker) or Smith (the safety).  
  2. How did Watts play 2 more plays than Tomlinson on Sunday?
  3. What do they do with Dozier now that he can't be brought up to the roster anymore (without permanently bringing him up)?  And why have they continued to bring him up?  And do I really care?  Has Dozier become a symbol of everything wrong with the Zimmer reign?
  4. Do you wonder why no team has tried to sign Rose off Vikes practice squad with all the injuries at RB?  Or anyone off the practice squad?
  5. Is there a single coach on the staff that will speak truth to power (Zimmer)?  
1. I think they want to keep Kendricks free to play loose by putting the dot on Barr. 
2. Probably due to role. Wasn't Watts playing the Pierce role at nose? DT was probably rotating with Richardson.  
3. No idea. I think it's time to just send Dakota on his way and let Davis sink or swim. There are lower drafted rookie OLs starting right now in the NFL. And all we're asking is for Davis to be a backup. 
4. Not really. He was a pretty low-buzz UDFA. He looked good in the preseason, but so do a dozen other UDFAs.
5. Probably not. The owners could though. Someone needs to.