Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickers
I think if you get rid of kicking the ball, you need to
change the name from football to something else.

I’ve proposed this in the past, but I’m in favor of making
the player who scored the TD kick the extra point, obviously not the same
longer XP we have now.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
The epidemic continues tonight with Blankenship. Just crazy 
That was hilarious.  He can't find his helmet?  He knew he was gonna be called on.  So the punter misses the kick, but the D jumps offsides.  Crazy sequence there.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
It just seems to me that these guys fight it our for an entire football game and for the game to be decided by men who play almost zero is just frustrating. I would bet most players would be in favor of eliminating the kicking position and going with an alternative way of scoring 
how about you get rid of back up players as well,  they rarely see the field, but when called on in times of need they often screw the pooch and end up affecting the outcome of the game.  its just part of the game,  always has been and always should be.   you going to get rid of every part of the game you dont like or that brings you frustration?  you arent going to end up with a game that you know any more.  I've been waiting for a franchise QB my whole life from this team... maybe we should just get rid of QBs and go direct snaps to play makers ? 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I was upset when they moved it back.

all element of surprise for a creative 2 point conversion went out the door.
designed plays that caught the Defense unaware, broken plays, where the kicker threw to someone, etc. etc. 

now they line up for one.  or they line up for two.   no element of surprise or creativity.

quit F-king with the game

I've always wondered, if aliens landed and we tried to explain football to them they wouldn't understand.
So you're saying one guy touches another guys ass to start a play.  Then sometimes he throws sometimes he doesn't.  You get these random areas where you get new "plays" if you've gone far enough.  Then sometimes you have to kick a ball to score points and sometimes you have to cross a line at the end of a field and on and on. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Vanguard83 said:

designed plays that caught the Defense unaware, broken plays, where the kicker threw to someone, etc. etc. 

now they line up for one.  or they line up for two.   no element of surprise or creativity.

I've always wondered, if aliens landed and we tried to explain football to them they wouldn't understand.
So you're saying one guy touches another guys ass to start a play.  Then sometimes he throws sometimes he doesn't.  You get these random areas where you get new "plays" if you've gone far enough.  Then sometimes you have to kick a ball to score points and sometimes you have to cross a line at the end of a field and on and on. 
if they are intelligent enough to get to our planet,  they have the tech to have been studying us for a long time... and if they decide to still come after studying us...how intelligent can they be?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vanguard83 said:

if they are intelligent enough to get to our planet,  they have the tech to have been studying us for a long time... and if they decide to still come after studying us...how intelligent can they be?
Imagine them watching soccer and wondering who is shooting all the players during the match.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Imagine them watching soccer and wondering who is shooting all the players during the match.
Or the Iowa-Penn St. game and trying to find the sniper taking out the Nittany Lions... well, for 1 play at a time anyway.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Yet another answer to the Fermi Paradox.  They watched Viking fans and decided not to come!!!