Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe EV was right LOL
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Hmmm, seems more click baity than anything this story. 'Cringe'? lol, Fansided is hilariously bad. I've seen way more quotes with Zimmer praising Cousins than anything else. I don't get how this is a negative.
I agree that its just click bait,  however it is alarming that zim has never sat down and actually coached his most important and highest paid player..... or that Cousins has never sought out council from his hc, who is a defensive guru, after Kirk has had some shit games and or plays.
It is surprising...

Maybe it doesnt happen in the NFL as much as we think? 

Or maybe this is another one of those reasons that add up to why Zimmer never made it past a CG?

Your first instinct is correct. I don't think it happens that often, especially when the HC runs the defense. This is clickbait and nothing more. This is the kind of shit celebrities, athletes, politicians always complain about. Media making something out of absolutely nothing. Like the Moss play when I want to play thing. 

If you take what he said and put it in an offensive context ONLY (which is what the conversation was about!!)--scheme, routes, reads, keys, calls, etc., then what Zimmer says about Cousins makes perfect sense and isn't the least bit "cringey." Does he want more autonomy? "I think he does, yeah. I think he’s got opinions on a lot of things, yeah." A lot of things meaning routes, reads, keys, etc. 
Ya dont think Belicheat and Brady never collaborated?  I doubt many HCs would go 4 years without watching film with their starting QB.  Maybe not a weekly thing,  but I would think at some point it would just seem logical.
Not really, cuz that's the QB coach and OC's job. 

I find it interesting that Cousins requested the meeting. I am not at all surprised that Zimmer doesn't do this on a regular basis.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Hmmm, seems more click baity than anything this story. 'Cringe'? lol, Fansided is hilariously bad. I've seen way more quotes with Zimmer praising Cousins than anything else. I don't get how this is a negative.
I agree that its just click bait,  however it is alarming that zim has never sat down and actually coached his most important and highest paid player..... or that Cousins has never sought out council from his hc, who is a defensive guru, after Kirk has had some shit games and or plays.
It is surprising...

Or maybe this is another one of those reasons that add up to why Zimmer never made it past a CG?

Your first instinct is correct. I don't think it happens that often, especially when the HC runs the defense. This is clickbait and nothing more. This is the kind of shit celebrities, athletes, politicians always complain about. Media making something out of absolutely nothing. Like the Moss play when I want to play thing. 

If you take what he said and put it in an offensive context ONLY (which is what the conversation was about!!)--scheme, routes, reads, keys, calls, etc., then what Zimmer says about Cousins makes perfect sense and isn't the least bit "cringey." Does he want more autonomy? "I think he does, yeah. I think he’s got opinions on a lot of things, yeah." A lot of things meaning routes, reads, keys, etc. 
Ya dont think Belicheat and Brady never collaborated?  I doubt many HCs would go 4 years without watching film with their starting QB.  Maybe not a weekly thing,  but I would think at some point it would just seem logical.
Quick search and I found this quote: 

“I love it. It’s what I love to do,” Brady told Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald of the meeting with Belichick. “It’s all football, it’s all preparation. We go awhile, an hour, two hours. It’s just a lot of talking about the opponent. It’s a lot of great insight. Everyone sees something different.”

Definitely stupid if Kirk and Zim don't watch things together...stupid on both ends

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
It is surprising...

“I love it. It’s what I love to do,” Brady told Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald of the meeting with Belichick. “It’s all football, it’s all preparation. We go awhile, an hour, two hours. It’s just a lot of talking about the opponent. It’s a lot of great insight. Everyone sees something different.”

Definitely stupid if Kirk and Zim don't watch things together...stupid on both ends
Just seems really bizarre to me that a HC would sit down with a QB to watch film together. But maybe it's more common than I think. Mostly, I just think it's silly to see "scandal" in every harmless comment. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
It is surprising...

Just seems really bizarre to me that a HC would sit down with a QB to watch film together. But maybe it's more common than I think. Mostly, I just think it's silly to see "scandal" in every harmless comment. 
Context is absolutely important.  speaking of same  I linked fansided cause it was the first hit not on my facebook feed. 

I think Z is well liked by the players, that was proven out over time, but there is no doubt he will call things out occasionally. I actually dont mind him calling out Kook, at the same time I’m glad Kook is requesting Z’s time and input. 

If he starts meeting w/ the kicker we’ve got a real problem…!  Wink B)  

Being a Head Coach of the team you would think they would have sit downs and film reviews with the most important position on the team - IMO.  

I would say being a HC of a team is similar to a upper/middle management position in the corporate world.  I know my Director of sales, would meet with his management team, the budget/adm team, the marketing team, sales force etc....even if his/her background was in finance being a Director level you have to manage/coach and meet with all departments that come under your control.

I am very surprised that a HC does not sit down with his QB to give each other feedback on your area of experience like Zimmer and Defense looks and reads. 

I don't know for sure but the Brady/Belichek example referenced above I would have have thought to be par for the course.