Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prelude To Hunter's Deal?
[Image: MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg]
Sources: The #Steelers and star pass-rusher TJ Watt have a mega-deal. He’s going to sign a 4-year extension worth more than $112M — $28.003M average per year — with $80M fully guaranteed at signing. The highest paid defensive player in football.

JJ Watt's career contract earnings: $115 million (11 yrs)
TJ Watt's contract extension: $112 million (4 years)

Ugh. Yes. I'm sure Danielle very much liked seeing that contract

Holy shit Batman…!  :o 

Pro Salaries are cray/cray...

But then, so are owner profits. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Pro Salaries are cray/cray...

But then, so are owner profits. 
Yup.  Hard to get upset about players getting paid while the NFL rakes in billions.  Now it would be nice if the salaries were a bit more evenly spread.

After all our cap maneuvering this past year, I'm not too concerned that we'll find a way to lock up Hunter, assuming we want to. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
After all our cap maneuvering this past year, I'm not too concerned that we'll find a way to lock up Hunter, assuming we want to. 
we could have kept all the cap space we made this year and used to to redo hunters deal and I dont know if it would have covered a deal like this. 

I know new cba and all,  but IMO the guys on the front end of this money are going to do a lot better than those hitting FA when the money actually starts to trickle in.  I think teams are getting over their tips a little and we will end up seeing the same cap disasters in a year or two that we always have.