Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoping we hear about an O'Neil extension soon...
Ponder was primary read, panic and run...

B-R-U-T-A-L

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Skodin said:
FunkyDunkleman on youtube has a bunch of 10-15 min Vikings games.  Plenty of great wins over the last 30 years.  Rewatching the Ponder years, jesus, they are terrible
a waste of AP in his prime...They were the hopeless years with a bad D to boot. 

As crazy as KC is, he's still the best QB here since Bert. 

Ponder was so smart, and that wowed Rick.  But he couldn't translate that into play on the field.  It was like that uber brain locked up once the bullets started flying.
Intelligence is meaningless when it comes to playing QB. Moxie and poise trump it every time. Poise is what Ponder lacked. I always say this, but you could literally SEE the chaos in his head through his body language in the pocket. 
Yeah, there were no eyes down the field for him.  It is the interesting phenomena of the successful NFL players.  Such a combination or intelligence, physical talent, drive, opportunity, health, desire.  But it reminds me of the 96 questions episode about which teammate would be chosen last.  Nick Easton was the overwhelming pick because he looked like a 45 year old out of shape dad.  But BRobs ending quote stuck, "but at the end of the day, he is playing in the NFL."

Here’s what i remember:  B)
[Image: 3yy52llg75vx.jpeg] 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Skodin said:
FunkyDunkleman on youtube has a bunch of 10-15 min Vikings games.  Plenty of great wins over the last 30 years.  Rewatching the Ponder years, jesus, they are terrible

Ponder was so smart, and that wowed Rick.  But he couldn't translate that into play on the field.  It was like that uber brain locked up once the bullets started flying.
Intelligence is meaningless when it comes to playing QB. Moxie and poise trump it every time. Poise is what Ponder lacked. I always say this, but you could literally SEE the chaos in his head through his body language in the pocket. 
Is this a direct quote of Cam Newton?

I think meaningless is a bit of a stretch

[Image: XFbw4TGL_bigger.jpg]
Brian O’Neil’s 5 yr, $92.5M deal will make him the 2nd highest paid RT in the NFL behind Ryan Ramczyk

Per
@PFF

O’Neil has continually improved since his rookie year in 2018

PFF grade by yr

2018: 63.0

2019: 70.7

2020: 78.0

A young, ascending player now under contract until 2026

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Skodin said:

Is this a direct quote of Cam Newton?

I think meaningless is a bit of a stretch
No, it's not meaningless. QBs have to be able to download an offensive scheme and retain it, as well as understand complex defensive  coverages. But it's like arm strength: once you have a basic level of it, no more of it is going to help you nearly as much as other intangibles like poise and composure. 

For example, the only measure the NFL uses for intelligence is the Wonderlic. Some of the highest scores were achieved by QBs like Greg McElroy, Blaine Gabbert and Sean Mannion, while some of the lowest in history were Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Terry Bradshaw and Jim Kelly. 

So not meaningless but almost.