Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This time of year is always humbling
This time of year is always humbling for us arm chair GMs.  I was really disappointed by the Vikes UDFA pick-ups a few months ago and then 3 go and make the squad.  I thought the team really liked Tocho and he doesn't make the practice squad.  I have been a fan of Edmond Robinson and he gets cut (though, admitted, I wrote that he played poorly during the exhibitions).  Last year, I was all in on Tre -- gone.  I thought Jabari was going to stick on the 53 this year -- nope.

So, I have decided to keep my day job -- though I will continue to prattle on here.

Tocho was very lost out there.  He never flashed at any time during camp or preseason games.  He was often wildly beaten in the preseason games.  I was surprised.   Robinson looked very good at times in preseason and camp, so I am surprised. I had heard Brothers was being shopped, and there were teams interested, but no takers yet.  Price was never all that good as a pro.  He was not a big loss.

I know absolutely nothing about college talent until I see them in the pros, so I only have expectations on what I'm told.  I was told (coming in) that Gedeon was too slow to be a starter, but he outplayed Lamur and Robinson.

You never know.