Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: Vikings 6th best roster
...and yet at least two media sources have our power ranking in the middle 20s.

https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/142...20546?s=20

That doesn't feel too optimistic for me.  OL is a huge question mark, we could be pretty decent or abysmal.  TE is a little optimistic.    I think our S duo will be better than that if the front 7 is as advertised.

I would have pegged us as middle of the pack of the playoff teams, probably closer to 10th, but 6 is within the realm of possibility.

The OL still has things to prove. I'm not sold. 

The overall rank is based on potential to a degree. It has been said that Cousins/Tannehill/Mayfield are basically the same qb. I agree except Tannehill and Mayfield have better OL's. The OL is still a question mark. Hopefully the defense will show up and show out. Also hoping no forfeits happen or anyone misses too much time. I feel like it's a surprise that they are ranked that high. 

RB = 2nd - About right
LB = 2nd - Too high. Vigil is a ? at WIL
WR = 6th - Little low 
IDL = 7th - About right
S = 8th - Too high. Woods unknown, Smith 32
CB = 11th - About right
QB = 15th - Too low. 
TE = 16th - Too low. Media underrates Conklin
EDGE = 16th - Too low for an edge group led by Danielle Hunter. Hunter and a harbor seal would still be better than 16th.
OL = 23rd - Too low. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
...and yet at least two media sources have our power ranking in the middle 20s.

https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/142...20546?s=20
Should add in ST's, P,K and Coaching.  

That would drop us down more then a few spots - IMO

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
RB = 2nd - About right
LB = 2nd - Too high. Vigil is a ? at WIL
WR = 6th - Little low 
IDL = 7th - About right
S = 8th - Too high. Woods unknown, Smith 32
CB = 11th - About right
QB = 15th - Too low. 
TE = 16th - Too low. Media underrates Conklin
EDGE = 16th - Too low for an edge group led by Danielle Hunter. Hunter and a harbor seal would still be better than 16th.
OL = 23rd - Too low. 
If we had Cole Beasley at DE with Hunter we'd probably jump to #2.

QB is the most important position on the field and his play also depends heavily on the OL, so based on those two ratings, which I think QB is fair, but OL is a little too low, 6th overall seems too high for us.  

Funny av doesn't work that way in sports.  A weak link draws the rest down to their level  not they get brought up much by the rest of the field.

Put a turd in the punch bowl and tell me the rest of your good ingredients were only mildly affected in the end product.