Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a difference a few days makes....
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PurplePastor said:
Thing that scares me is that our offense along with its backup QBs looks so good in practice and then gets to a preseason game and can't do much of anything. Is that an indictment on our defense (at least our backup D)?
our roster is razor thin at most positions, outside of RB and DL I dont think we can afford any starters to miss any appreciable time and not see an effect on the field,  especially if opposing coaches have time to game plan for that deficiency in talent.
Yep. Thin-ish roster + low vax rate + lots of guys on one-year deals is going to certainly make things interesting this year.

Of the two QBs, I'd be thrilled if Mond outplays Browning and earns the #2 job. I thought Mond looked fine on Saturday. Hopeful for an even better game from him vs. the Colts. Either way, we gotta keep Kirk healthy or it'll probably spell doom (as it would for any team).

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurplePastor said:
Thing that scares me is that our offense along with its backup QBs looks so good in practice and then gets to a preseason game and can't do much of anything. Is that an indictment on our defense (at least our backup D)?
our roster is razor thin at most positions, outside of RB and DL I dont think we can afford any starters to miss any appreciable time and not see an effect on the field,  especially if opposing coaches have time to game plan for that deficiency in talent.
Yep. Thin-ish roster + low vax rate + lots of guys on one-year deals is going to certainly make things interesting this year.

Of the two QBs, I'd be thrilled if Mond outplays Browning and earns the #2 job. I thought Mond looked fine on Saturday. Hopeful for an even better game from him vs. the Colts. Either way, we gotta keep Kirk healthy or it'll probably spell doom (as it would for any team).
brownings game plan called for more passes and Monds for much more runs the way it seemed so that makes it hard to say who looked better, also factor in the level of the opponents I say its to hard to really gleen anything from that game.  I thin Mond throws a better pass and showed his velocity and that IMO will cover up some mistakes that you would expect from a back up QB,  but IMO I would rather if KC is out them just put Browning in and not push Mond right away as I dont think it will help his development.

Browning was late on every throw.

I think this team is pretty loaded and with Kirk's unvaxed status I would want to look into an experienced veteran QB when the preseason dust settles.

It will be my Viking fan luck that we play to our level and then it all goes to the crapper when Kirk/Mond/Harry/Theilan spread Covid to each other.