Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladney released

Yeah, its pretty bad. Not at all surprising. 

[Image: VUPUehdI_bigger.jpg]
Vikings will likely attempt to recoup the $4.165M in remaining signing bonus proration amounts from 2021-23

This amount would be a cap credit for Minnesota in 2022 in the annual adjustment after the 2021 season

Hopefully he didn't invest it in Bitcoin.

Gladney releasedBobby Bryant approves this transaction…! Wink

[Image: BgCr4vnl_bigger.jpg]
If Gladney is signed by another team, placement on the exempt list “and further discipline may be appropriate pending the status of his case and the league’s investigation,” McCarthy says.
[Image: BgCr4vnl_bigger.jpg]
Jeff Gladney’s release after his indictment means his base salary guarantees will be voided, according to a league source. Saves the #Vikings $1.1M this year, $1.6M next year and $1.47M in 2023.

ive always supported Rick, but this is a big miss. there were character flags. what a Moron Gladney is. 
It was a rough stretch of the draft, but Hunt,Winny Jr, Jaylon Johnson were all better starter prospects 

I will never understand situations like this.  You are given an opportunity that most people will never even come close to, and you blow it.   It isn't that hard to keep your hands to yourself, and not drag someone out of a car by their hair.
Now that being said, watch someone snatch him up.  I'm not mad the Vikings cut him, its the opposite if all this is true, but I hate how usually this just results in another team picking them up.  Kareem Hunt is the one that always comes to mind.  Chiefs cut him, Browns pick him up.  I am a firm believer in second chances, but give me a break.