Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you have 2 QBs....
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@pattersaur said:
I'm guessing the Broncos want Drew Lock to win the job, and I'm also guessing he won't.
I don't think there is a QB on the roster who wins the job. It's going to be who sucks the least
What little I have seen of Lock was a complete roller-coaster.  The one game I watched he looked pretty darn good and you could see glimpses but then in a few others he looked lost or confused, coaching maybe, just typical youth Jitters maybe?, lack of talent/vision maybe?  That said, and he has started in a total of 18 games going into the crucial year 3.  

Look's like our ex-Paton is willing to see the year 3 before giving up on Lock.  At pick 9, Paton/Denver took a CB over a QB with Fields & Mac Jones still available. 

The Broncos are rolling the dice on a year 3 leap from Lock.  D. Jones (6th overall Giants) is in a similar position going into his third season. 

I think Lock (42nd pick), is a lock, to start only because he has to in order to fully evaluate and then pivot if needed.  Teddy is a very good mentor to have. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@pattersaur said:
I'm guessing the Broncos want Drew Lock to win the job, and I'm also guessing he won't.
I don't think there is a QB on the roster who wins the job. It's going to be who sucks the least
What little I have seen of Lock was a complete roller-coaster.  The one game I watched he looked pretty darn good and you could see glimpses but then in a few others he looked lost or confused, coaching maybe, just typical youth Jitters maybe?, lack of talent/vision maybe?  That said, and he has started in a total of 18 games going into the crucial year 3.  

Look's like our ex-Paton is willing to see the year 3 before giving up on Lock.  At pick 9, Paton/Denver took a CB over a QB with Fields & Mac Jones still available. 

The Broncos are rolling the dice on a year 3 leap from Lock.  D. Jones (6th overall Giants) is in a similar position going into his third season. 

I think Lock (42nd pick), is a lock, to start only because he has to in order to fully evaluate and then pivot if needed.  Teddy is a very good mentor to have. 

There's some buzz in Denver that the Broncos took that corner thinking he could be part of a deal for Aaron Rodgers.

Regarding the QBs, it'll be a good competition. I've heard that Lock looks 100% better this year, but Teddy looks good too. That Teddy, as one might imagine, is more consistent, more accurate and runs the offense better, despite being new to it. But Lock has the better arm. He's the better downfield passer. So we'll see. I just know that if Teddy wins that job, Jerry Jeudy's fantasy stock goes up big. Same for Sutton with Lock. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@pattersaur said:

There's some buzz in Denver that the Broncos took that corner thinking he could be part of a deal for Aaron Rodgers.

Regarding the QBs, it'll be a good competition. I've heard that Lock looks 100% better this year, but Teddy looks good too. That Teddy, as one might imagine, is more consistent, more accurate and runs the offense better, despite being new to it. But Lock has the better arm. He's the better downfield passer. So we'll see. I just know that if Teddy wins that job, Jerry Jeudy's fantasy stock goes up big. Same for Sutton with Lock. 
Teddy's arm looked so bad last year that I actually felt bad. In the games that I watched he just did not look like an NFL QB so I'm not sure that changes in one offseason. For Lock, he wasnt accurate in college and wasn't accurate last year. I think Denver desperately needs a QB as their defense will keep them in games, but their QB situation will make them a 6-8 win team.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@pattersaur said:

Teddy's arm looked so bad last year that I actually felt bad. In the games that I watched he just did not look like an NFL QB so I'm not sure that changes in one offseason. For Lock, he wasnt accurate in college and wasn't accurate last year. I think Denver desperately needs a QB as their defense will keep them in games, but their QB situation will make them a 6-8 win team.
Yea, I think Lock starts for the reasons I mentioned.  

If I were Paton-GM I would have drafted Fields/Mac at 9 instead of a CB.  I like Fields much more then Mac but I would have went with the best QB available at 9 if I was Denver.   I also would not have moved up 5 spots in the 2nd for a RB that probably would have been there at 40.  Obviously I don't think Paton had a great initial draft coming out of the Spelly tree.  (Armchair GM commentary) 

[Image: K4bB_VNP_bigger.jpg]
Practice over. Lock finished strong with two TDs. He finished 3-8. Teddy was 9-9 w 2 TDs. Was accurate. Efficient. #Denver7 #Broncos

Long way to go but I would be shocked if they Donkeys go with Lock over Teddy. In a battle between arm strength and efficiency, efficiency typically wins every time. If they do choose Lock, I'd bet a dollar and a donut that Teddy takes over by week 6.