Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could This Be Spielman’s Best Draft?
This was fun to write, I appreciate the positive comments and the critisism, I may take another shot at writing something again and hopefully learn from the comments people left.  I am also glad that it created some good discussion. 

To respond to the headline - maybe, maybe not; but for sure, it's three years too early to think seriously about it.

To respond to the first sentence of the second-to-last paragraph - I'm not excited at all by what I saw from the likes of those guys (Aug. 28).

To respond to the photo - I realize this will sound slightly bizarre, but I myself am bugged by a guy who looks oh-so-burdened by his large responsibilities in front of thousands of people. Seems show-offy to me: "Hey everyone, look at me, I have large responsibilities!!!"

Quote: @faninCA said:
To respond to the headline - maybe, maybe not; but for sure, it's three years too early to think seriously about it.

To respond to the first sentence of the second-to-last paragraph - I'm not excited at all by what I saw from the likes of those guys (Aug. 28).

To respond to the photo - I realize this will sound slightly bizarre, but I myself am bugged by a guy who looks oh-so-burdened by his large responsibilities in front of thousands of people. Seems show-offy to me: "Hey everyone, look at me, I have large responsibilities!!!"
Welcome! 

My only response is to the photo comment.  With thousands of photos being taken of a person over a short period of time, it isn't hard to select a photo that conveys what the photog/editor wants.  So I don't take much stock in a simple photo that is released to the media. 

That photo was taken by us at Training Camp. He was walking the sidelines, who knows what he was thinking but I wouldn't take much from the photo other than it was  apic of a guy that was in the moment of thinking of something. What that was is anyone's guess.

I'm not putting a lot of stock in it either. It's mostly BFD. That said, I don't like it. In almost years of watching the sideline demeanors of Bud Grant, Don Shula, and Vince Lombardi, I never once saw them put the head down as if to say, "Oh, my, so burdened am I."

With 8 out of the 11 picks and 3 more UDFA making the roster....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e...Carnac.jpg