Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Question Mark This Year?
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
· 11m
Adam Thielen on OC Klint Kubiak: "It's his playbook, it's his plays and he's implementing his offense. It's not his dads or last year's offense. It’s the 2021 Vikings' offense."
Hmmmm...that's both encouraging and a little concerning. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
· 11m
Adam Thielen on OC Klint Kubiak: "It's his playbook, it's his plays and he's implementing his offense. It's not his dads or last year's offense. It’s the 2021 Vikings' offense."
Yeah. Zim has been a stickler for keeping the verbiage from one OC to the next. 

OTOH, I have a hard time believing that Zim is going to let a 34 year old, first time OC too much free reign. But, haven't some been clamouring for a more modern O?

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
· 11m
Not sure what that even means. 

@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
· 11m

OTOH, I have a hard time believing that Zim is going to let a 34 year old, first time OC too much free reign. But, haven't some been clamouring for a more modern O?
Right, but y'know what they say about apples and trees. I'd bet KK's offense isn't that much different than GKs. I'd guess a little more passing, but how much do you want to take away from Dalvin? I also think we will still use a lot of 12 personnel. 

But who knows? We definitely went in a more physical direction in terms of the OLs we selected. So maybe much more passing is in store. Got a lot of speed now with Thielen and JJ. And ISJ replacing Rudy. And Smith-Marsette apparently getting every opportunity to win WR3. Maybe we will turn it loose a bit. I just hope he knows enough to run on 2nd downs. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
· 11m

Right, but y'know what they say about apples and trees. I'd bet KK's offense isn't that much different than GKs. I'd guess a little more passing, but how much do you want to take away from Dalvin? I also think we will still use a lot of 12 personnel. 

But who knows? We definitely went in a more physical direction in terms of the OLs we selected. So maybe much more passing is in store. Got a lot of speed now with Thielen and JJ. And ISJ replacing Rudy. And Smith-Marsette apparently getting every opportunity to win WR3. Maybe we will turn it loose a bit. I just hope he knows enough to run on 2nd downs. 
im thinking similar run pass splits as last year, maybe a few more runs since the d should be much better 

Coach Zimmer is the biggest question mark I've got this season.

Our defense should be exponentially better than last season.

Our OL can be mid-pack, and still look brilliant compared to last year.

Our offensive skill positions are stacked, period.

Our STs...well, I'm used to having no f***ing clue, so that's normal.

To me, it's whether coach Z can incorporate everything and game plan beyond his predictable "grind and use clock" approach.  He needs to learn to put his foot on the throats of opposing teams when we're leading...and he needs to update his defense in general.

Can the old dog bring new tricks?  We'll see in a few months.

OLine, Klint, and Pass Rush are my biggest concerns.
OLine is what it is, we added guys with great potential, but we don't have much for proven and experience on the line.Klint has never called a game, but can probably lean on his dad.Pass Rush is getting better and should be fine.  It'll just be a longer year if Hunter falls off or reinjures something, as our depth is so weak.

Biggest question now is how long it takes the new pieces to tell. Next biggest question?

What ring size?