Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancel Culture and the Modern Day Witch Hunt
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun: I have a friend who knows Ellie Kemper well and she's nothing but an amazingly sweet and nice person. 
Racists can't be amazingly sweet and nice? Oh you bet they can. My sister in law is the most saccharine person you'll ever meet. You spend enough time around her southern-belle sweetness, you start to get a toothache. She's also the biggest fucking racist I've ever known. Her name isn't Karen but it should be. 

Racism is the worlds most despicable disease. It needs to be unmasked, humiliated and crushed wherever it is. And we all know there are legit examples of it in business, sports, government, police, etc. 
So I think when this sort of thing is used as an example of “racism,” it tends to trivialize legitimate instances of it. And the argument is mocked by those who want to deny its existence, and weakened among those who would otherwise support it. 
So you think she's racist then? I don't. And please, like I don't know that people have facades that hide their true feelings. Thanks for the lecture. (eye roll).

I don't see racism around every corner, but know that it exists to a much greater level than many who try to dismiss it. This was 100% a witch hunt, period. 
Read it again. I'm defending her. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun: I have a friend who knows Ellie Kemper well and she's nothing but an amazingly sweet and nice person. 
Racists can't be amazingly sweet and nice? Oh you bet they can. My sister in law is the most saccharine person you'll ever meet. You spend enough time around her southern-belle sweetness, you start to get a toothache. She's also the biggest fucking racist I've ever known. Her name isn't Karen but it should be. 

Racism is the worlds most despicable disease. It needs to be unmasked, humiliated and crushed wherever it is. And we all know there are legit examples of it in business, sports, government, police, etc. 
So I think when this sort of thing is used as an example of “racism,” it tends to trivialize legitimate instances of it. And the argument is mocked by those who want to deny its existence, and weakened among those who would otherwise support it. 
So you think she's racist then? I don't. And please, like I don't know that people have facades that hide their true feelings. Thanks for the lecture. (eye roll).

I don't see racism around every corner, but know that it exists to a much greater level than many who try to dismiss it. This was 100% a witch hunt, period. 
Read it again. I'm defending her. 
Yeah, last paragraph defended her.  
No worries Sticky, MB's points are elusive.  

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status...06535?s=19
was this ball still tied to racism in 1999?  if not,  WTF is she apologizing for?  Is every registered Democrat supposed to stand up and apologize for their ties to the party that was once the epitome of white supremist activity 100 years ago?  Fuck no,  so this again IMO is just another example of how stupid our society has become with this shit. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@savannahskol said:
Come now, Sticky.  
You mean to tell me you didnt know Southern Deb Cotillions were the epitomes of racism?(& elitism & patriarchy & sexism & transphobia & homophobia)

Wake yourself  http://www.davidsonian.com/coming-out-an-anecdotal-analysis-of-debutante-balls/

Personal vouchers to her character dont matter.  That Kemper bitch needs to own her white privilege.

Has she apologized yet?  I'll wager she does.    

lol, I hope she doesn't apologize but she probably will. What's so troubling about social media is all of these 18-27 year olds that don't know shit about anything yet, get not only a voice, but a ridiculously STRONG voice. Zero perspective yet a massive bullhorn. 

Woke:

Wanting
Only to
Kill
Everyone
And Sticky wins this thread.