Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally going to Minny for a Vikings home game!
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Congrats! I think I should go to a game this season too.  I've biked all around US Bank (the top of the parking ramp next to it has great views, btw), but never been in there yet.  Yep, I think it's time.  Where/how did you get your ticket?  I've used CL in the past and it worked out well.
I just bought them off the Vikings official site. I wanted to wait and see if I could score a deal somewhere down the line, but after all these years I said eff it and wanted to make sure I got something in hand now (especially with planning a flight/hotels, etc.).

Eventually I'm going to reach out via post for ideas on what to do while I'm up there the night before the game...however something tells me that biking will not be high on that list lol. 
My only advice is get your hotel quick, especially if you want to be within walking distance, especially for the Packer game. 
Funny you say that. I was actually looking at hotels earlier this morning. I'm only debating on whether to stay over Sunday night and leave Monday morning, or try and get a flight out that night. Leaning towards staying over.

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Congrats! I think I should go to a game this season too.  I've biked all around US Bank (the top of the parking ramp next to it has great views, btw), but never been in there yet.  Yep, I think it's time.  Where/how did you get your ticket?  I've used CL in the past and it worked out well.
I just bought them off the Vikings official site. I wanted to wait and see if I could score a deal somewhere down the line, but after all these years I said eff it and wanted to make sure I got something in hand now (especially with planning a flight/hotels, etc.).

Eventually I'm going to reach out via post for ideas on what to do while I'm up there the night before the game...however something tells me that biking will not be high on that list lol. 
My only advice is get your hotel quick, especially if you want to be within walking distance, especially for the Packer game. 
Funny you say that. I was actually looking at hotels earlier this morning. I'm only debating on whether to stay over Sunday night and leave Monday morning, or try and get a flight out that night. Leaning towards staying over.
Stay over man! Then you can hit a sports bar right after the game for the late games, that's what my wife and I do. We walk down to Mac's Industrial Bar, grab some food and watch the remainder of the afternoon games. 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

I usually stay at the Best Western Normandy. My kids love it there and I've been staying there going back to the old VU reunion days. It's a couple blocks from a light rail station and just about 4-6 blocks from the Bank. But it's hard to get if you wait too long. And it ain't cheap for an older, somewhat lackluster hotel. I just love its location. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

Stay over man! Then you can hit a sports bar right after the game for the late games, that's what my wife and I do. We walk down to Mac's Industrial Bar, grab some food and watch the remainder of the afternoon games. 
Ok, Sticky...you win. I'm sold.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

I usually stay at the Best Western Normandy. My kids love it there and I've been staying there going back to the old VU reunion days. It's a couple blocks from a light rail station and just about 4-6 blocks from the Bank. But it's hard to get if you wait too long. And it ain't cheap for an older, somewhat lackluster hotel. I just love its location. 
I worked for Marriott for almost 20 years. Just found a nice one nearby as well (and not too expensive). Going to see if I can get one of my old coworkers to give me a discount rate.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

I worked for Marriott for almost 20 years. Just found a nice one nearby as well (and not too expensive). Going to see if I can get one of my old coworkers to give me a discount rate.
hell... go all in,   jump on the train and head south and then grab a cab over to the new Zygi Grand Plaza.