Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Lance: he's not good
Watching some TC videos. He's brutal.....still. Dallas gave up a 4th?? Hard to watch. Highly inaccurate. He's set up in 7 on 7s at the 15 yard line.....can't find anyone....and runs for a TD, lol. That's not what the drills are for. The drills are to THROW it and access the open guy.

The NFL continues to be fooled by smoke and mirrors. San Fran traded the farm to move up for the guy.  Then ironically, take the Mr. Irrelevant and he's the face of the franchise.

It’s so weird. I don’t understand what they were thinking. I could imagine throwing a 6th at them and hoping it works out, but a 4th? It’s not like Darnold, where you’re like “Those teams were garbage, but we’re better run, so maybe …” SF is one of the best run teams in the league. If they couldn’t figure it out with him, you probably aren’t either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

Just another 1st round reach. The draft is such a crap shoot just look at Cine for the Vikings 1st rounder may not even make the team this season. The draft is full of high draft picks that have one season in college where they look terrific and get overwhelmed in the NFL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

That shouldn't happen to that level. The miss on Lance is massive. An imperfect risk, the NFL Draft is. As corporate as the NFL wants to be, that commodity can't be quantified to an acceptable level.

(08-01-2024, 01:25 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: That shouldn't happen to that level. The miss on Lance is massive. An imperfect risk, the NFL Draft is. As corporate as the NFL wants to be, that commodity can't be quantified to an acceptable level.

I don’t think the corporate world is much better at hiring people.  It’s one thing if you can hire a proven commodity, but it’s a lot harder to hire someone that you are hoping can grow into the position.  Just look at management.  What percentage of managers are great, competent or bad?  The number of bad managers is way too high.

It’s just really hard to predict who will be able to develop traits they don’t already have, and the number of people that are available and already have those traits is too small.
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

(08-01-2024, 12:20 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Watching some TC videos. He's brutal.....still. Dallas gave up a 4th?? Hard to watch. Highly inaccurate. He's set up in 7 on 7s at the 15 yard line.....can't find anyone....and runs for a TD, lol. That's not what the drills are for. The drills are to THROW it and access the open guy.

The NFL continues to be fooled by smoke and mirrors. San Fran traded the farm to move up for the guy.  Then ironically, take the Mr. Irrelevant and he's the face of the franchise.

4th seems a bit much in retrospect...But I wanted to see him here (b4 we drafted)

I heard the Vikings were planning to make Purdy an offer post-draft, but the 49'ers drafted him @ Mr Irrelevant.

In football, I don't believe that one season as a college starter is enough to get a true picture. Now with NIL, there is less reason to come out early, which is good for these youngsters.
But seriously, that's why I really like Bo Nix. 6 years as a starter, kept improving his numbers each year (which is what you hope). I think he's going to be okay in Denver, I don't think the job is too big for him.
I was not sold on Drake Maye (not enough of a body of work), and even Jayden Daniels (same).
Because of Kwesi & KOCs strategy of not pushing JJM immediately, I think we could end up with one of two primo QB's out of this draft. Talk to me in 3-4 years about how these six look from this draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(08-01-2024, 03:15 PM)medaille Wrote: I don’t think the corporate world is much better at hiring people. 

Truth. A good counterpoint. The people game will always be unpredictable.

Watching him in these camp videos and he looks worse than a rookie UDFA. He's exactly the same age as Michael Penix and a few months younger than Bo Nix, that's crazy.

Remember... you heard it here first!

J/K, while I have always said he was over drafted ( understatement of the century) I still said he would have been worth a mid 2nd day pick as a developmental guy, the physical traits were there, but its not like he was a great passer in college, or that he faced pro level defensive talent, so I never understood the hype and certainly not a first round grade on the kid coming out of ND.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post: