Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to be weird having Rudolph gone...
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
I'm a Rudy fan.  Seems like a great guy, and those Hamburger Helper hands made some great catches over the years.  After Steve Jordan, he's been the best TE ever to wear a Viking jersey.
Woah there. Put some respect on Jim Kleinsasser's name. In all seriousness, Rudolph was a great Viking but it was time to move on prior to last season. I certainly wish him well
I was a huge Kleinsausage fan ( still my favorite jersey ),  but lets be honest,  Jimmy was more of a FB than a TE,  or maybe more of an OT that could move than a TE.  Kleinny was never the receiving threat that Kyle was and in modern NFL offenses the TE needs to be able to run the seam at times.
You got me laughing here because my dad and I always used to laugh about not knowing his actual position. You are correct, he was a FB/TE/OT hybrid

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
I'm a Rudy fan.  Seems like a great guy, and those Hamburger Helper hands made some great catches over the years.  After Steve Jordan, he's been the best TE ever to wear a Viking jersey.
Woah there. Put some respect on Jim Kleinsasser's name. In all seriousness, Rudolph was a great Viking but it was time to move on prior to last season. I certainly wish him well
I was a huge Kleinsausage fan ( still my favorite jersey ),  but lets be honest,  Jimmy was more of a FB than a TE,  or maybe more of an OT that could move than a TE.  Kleinny was never the receiving threat that Kyle was and in modern NFL offenses the TE needs to be able to run the seam at times.
You got me laughing here because my dad and I always used to laugh about not knowing his actual position. You are correct, he was a FB/TE/OT hybrid
he was my favorite, same name, same color jersey,  same number,  and apparently same tolerance for dumb asses.   I read a first hand report on one of these threads way back from a guy that was in college with JK and they were at a house party and Kleiny was holding a beer  in one hand and some dumb ass stepped to him and he one punched the dip shit without setting down or spilling his beer.. took a drink of his beer and went back to doing what ever he was doing before hand.  I loved that story because that is exactly how I figured he would be.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I know he wasn't overjoyed with his role here the last season or 2, but I will miss the big lug being out there. 

The Capt'n will too. Wonder who the big red zone target will be on a forward basis? ISJ? 

He's certainly more athletic than Rudolph, but he's 6'2/242 lbs while Rudolph was 6'6 and 265lbs. A good jump baller. 
Probably miss him in the outside zone run game too. But, ISJ has been an underrated blocker and while he isn't the size mismatch Rudy was, he's pretty nifty in the Red Zone.

Definitely be missed by this Vikings fan. Jordan, Sensor, Rudy, Voight. That's a list you can...ahem...take to the bank.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
Saints version of Preston Pearson...

I would disagree.  Williams is interfering with Rudy while the pass is in the air.  So the slight push off is just letting them play it out on a crucial play.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Cousins will miss Rudy. Vikings no longer have a big red zone target. Several key games were won last couple of years on Rudy catches above the rim in the end zone. Nobody else on this team catches those. 

Zach Davidson is probably a few years away. And, even at 6-7, he's got puny hands compared to Rudy. 

Zylstra, the new one, may be the answer…!  Wink  

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
Saints version of Preston Pearson...

I would disagree.  Williams is interfering with Rudy while the pass is in the air.  So the slight push off is just letting them play it out on a crucial play.
Agreed. Hand fighting. 

Wish him luck in NY as he seems like a good guy, but I don't think I'll miss him that much. He was great in the red zone but slower than the sands of time.

We couldn't use him near his potential because he had to help block on so many plays.  I'm sad that he's gone, but his successor shows immense upside....