Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Fields didn't look exactly happy....
I bet he had high hopes of SF or Atl...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Fields to the Bears sucks....

He's got a cannon, the athleticism of a young Newton, team-mates look up to him and I dont believe he wont be able to read defenses...

That Bears team was a qb away from being a real NFC contender. Bunch of Dawgs on that D. 

Kudo's to them for nutting-up and grabbing him @ 11. 
They "nutted up" for Mitch as well. There is being bold and there is perpetual stupidity disguised as boldness. We'll see which this front office is. To date none of the boldness has translated to consistently impressive teams. 

I don't think Fields is a bum and there are worse teams he could have gone.  I actually think he was a steal at 10.  

Lawrence with the Jags is not a terrible match.
I think Wilson is a stud but not sure he can shine in NYC with the Jets.  Although I do like their new coach hire - Saleh DC from 49'ers.
Lance is a project but he is going to the best team so he might look good earlier then I would have expected
Mac Jones I think might be a bust but not a bad situation for him.  The Pats have had immobile QB's for decades - Bledsoe, Brady and now Mac.  Jeez now that I think about Grogan was no Fran Smile

Quote: @minny65 said:
I don't think Fields is a bum and there are worse teams he could have gone.  I actually think he was a steal at 10.  

I think Wilson is a stud but not sure he can shine in NYC with the Jets.  Although I do like their new coach hire - Saleh DC from 49'ers.
Lance is a project but he is going to the best team so he might look good earlier then I would have expected
Mac Jones I think might be a bust but not a bad situation for him.  The Pats have had immobile QB's for decades - Bledsoe, Brady and now Mac.  Jeez now that I think about Grogan was no Fran Smile
Jones is in the perfect place for him. Lance is in the perfect place for him too. Lance has the most to learn, but I stick by my prediction that he will be the best QB from this draft 3 years from now. I'm beginning to have more doubts about Wilson. The Mormon in Manhattan. Or Home Alone 2; Lost in New York. I guess if he can make there, he can make it anywhere. Lawrence will shine early and fade late. Folks will wonder what all the fuss was about. Making predictions is fun. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:

Jones is in the perfect place for him. Lance is in the perfect place for him too. Lance has the most to learn, but I stick by my prediction that he will be the best QB from this draft 3 years from now. I'm beginning to have more doubts about Wilson. The Mormon in Manhattan. Or Home Alone 2; Lost in New York. I guess if he can make there, he can make it anywhere. Lawrence will shine early and fade late. Folks will wonder what all the fuss was about. Making predictions is fun. 
Mac Jones must have suffered greatly in a previous life....

Going from Bama to The Patriots? 

Can't make that sh ite up.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:

I don't believe in Mac Jones. You can't take a middling talent like that and think it could be the next Tom Brady with Belicheat. Its Brady's work ethic, competitiveness and singular focused drive to succeed that made him what he is. Now all the chowderheads think you can take a guy that looked like Brady did when he was drafted and win with him. Nope.