Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins Cut Former First-Round Pick 3 Days After Trading For Him
Dolphins Cut Former First-Round Pick 3 Days After Trading For Him
[Image: BB1bFfpe.img?h=465&w=775&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=394&y=131]©
 Provided by The Spun Isaiah Wilson warms up for the Tennessee Titans.
Isaiah Wilson’s career with the Miami Dolphins is over before ever it really started.

I was just reading about him. What a tumultuous year he had with the Titans. Forget about football, I hope he gets himself together as there is a lot of regret in his future.

It went wrong with titans from jump-street. Dang. 

Yea sounds like a Demetrious Underwood situation..hope I'm not judging too much because I have not read much beyond the article.  But huge maturity issue at the very least.

Some guys are not self aware and stubborn. Maybe he thinks he got 'paid' so fuck it now. He's made more money already than he probably thought he ever would have....between his signing bonus and contract last year he's made $2 million already and $5 million total in guarantees. I'm sure the Titans tried to fight it but they were stuck. 

Yep, he'll be broke sometime in the near future. But right now, he thinks he's got it dicked. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Some guys are not self aware and stubborn. Maybe he thinks he got 'paid' so fuck it now. He's made more money already than he probably thought he ever would have....between his signing bonus and contract last year he's made $2 million already and $5 million total in guarantees. I'm sure the Titans tried to fight it but they were stuck. 

Yep, he'll be broke sometime in the near future. But right now, he thinks he's got it dicked. 
I think you're probably right about this. Unfortunately so many of these guys have zero clue how to manage money and they get that type of cash and blow it all quickly. Unless he's willing to accept help, this guy will be broke and living with regret

I've been watching this same movie for 40 years.  Sports teams thinking their organization can overcome bad character.  Mostly doesn't work.  Think Koren Robinson.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Yea sounds like a Demetrious Underwood situation..hope I'm not judging too much because I have not read much beyond the article.  But huge maturity issue at the very least.
^^

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. This guy has issues way beyond the gridiron. 

Quote: @"comet52" said:
I've been watching this same movie for 40 years.  Sports teams thinking their organization can overcome bad character.  Mostly doesn't work.  Think Koren Robinson.
It's mixed. Percy Harvin, Marcus Peters, Dalvin Cook, Frank Clark. In some of these cases, people forget there was ever character concerns. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:
It's mixed. Percy Harvin, Marcus Peters, Dalvin Cook, Frank Clark. In some of these cases, people forget there was ever character concerns. 
True, some character concerns are just dumb kids being dumb or getting in a bad spot.  I do like the way the Vikings lately seem to avoid the character traits that aren't a one time or just immaturity.

I think the coaching phrase is, smart people make smart football players.  So much is a crap shoot, physically, mentally, dedication, intelligence, character.  If you are gonna fail, might as well fail with a guy that isn't gonna embarrass your team off the field.