Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boone A Bronc

[Image: dg0MhkXS_normal.jpg]
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
· 1m
Source says Mike Boone gets a two-year, $2.6 million dollar deal with the Broncos, including a $1.6 million signing bonus.

NFL Update
@MySportsUpdate
· 2m
#Broncos are signing former #Vikings RB Mike Boone, per @MikeKlis. Was stuck behind Dalvin Cook and Alexander Mattison in Minnesota, but he did have a start in 2019 vs Chicago and rushed for 148 yards and a TD. New #Broncos GM George Paton was with Minnesota back then.

Broncos signed RB Mike Boone, formerly of the Vikings, to a two-year, $2.6 million contract. The deal includes a $1.6 million signing bonus. Boone provides the Broncos protection behind Melvin Gordon if disrespected restricted free agent Phillip Lindsay departs after being tendered at the lowest level. Even if Lindsay remains, Boone will supply an explosive element for an offense that will once again have to rely on the run in 2021. It may not seem like it now, but considering Lindsay's situation and Gordon's injury history, 26-year-old (in June) Boone could easily end up providing some 2021 fantasy value. 
SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

You know that Spider-Man meme?

I guess we can't keep all of the toys. I hope he gets his time to shine. Good luck Mike. 

Plenty of Day 3 options.

good luck Mike he didnt have much of a chance here 

Friggin Paton.

With Dalvin and Mattison, I don't think we necessarily "regret" letting him get away, but I do think we see Boone make an impact in Denver. Boone deserves more than we can offer him. George happy to give him that chance. 

Kubiak Sr has a resume and history of finding NFL RBs.

He's no longer on the Viking Staff, I get it.

But his son is.

Boone could play and will be missed, but I wanna see who winds up taking his place.

Mike McCartney
@MikeMcCartney7
· 6m
After great conversations with the @Broncos, it's been mutually decided that rescinding the RFA Tender is best for both Phillip Lindsay and the team. It's been a great 3 years in Denver for @I_CU_boy. Nothing beats seeing @EmpowerField rocking as it did when #30 broke a long run.