Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punter drama?
Really hope this gets sorted out.

I have my doubts that this was a positive move.

A priority this offseason was to improve our overall ST's and I am not sure we have.

A priority this offseason was to improve our overall OL and I am not sure we have.

A priority this offseason was to find a better WR3 option then Bisi/Beebe, have we?

I am just assuming that our defense has to be better with most of our stars back - Hunter, Kendricks, Barr I guess, Pierce opting back in (not that he is star haven't even seen him play).  Plus how young our secondary was last year and how much more mature it is this year with Peterson and Breeland.  I really did/do like having Mac back in the slot.  

But is my assumption about our overall defense improvement just waiting for the ass-part of the saying?  Lord only knows that even when our Defense was statistically highly rated we shriveled up in some big games or let no-name QB's pick us apart.  

I also was assuming our new OC, WR and OL coaches would seamlessly improve our offense, not sure why but again the ass-part.  

Obviously, I don't have a great feeling about this upcoming season, and I have tried to limit my negativity but the over-riding Cousins/Covid cloud is just looming over my head as well.  

I think this will be Zimmer's last stand and he is a lot like Cousins to me in terms of - is he good enough to win us the ring - yes with all the pieces but they both need the stars to align and we all know as Viking fans that isn't going to happen.  Zimmer has had a lot of bad luck while our HC but I also don't think he has improved or risen up from being a great DC to being a great HC.  Decent to good HC.  Like I said, our teams have been wildly inconsistent overall including his forte of Defense.  This merry-go-round at OC is not a very good reflection either nor is the never ending quest for an above average overall ST's or OL.

OK, I am a debbie-downer, sorry.  Overall, I think I was just hoping that my beloved Vikings would make me forget all about COVID, Vaccines, healthcare now being political and just entertain me but this preseason has shown me that every time Cousin's drops back I am just reminded of COVID, Vaccines, Healthcare being political.  So my main source of entertainment/Vikings is no different.  I just wanted entertainment.  Do I amuse you, you think I'm funny kind of entertainment Smile

[Image: hjwc0gpi7v2j.gif]

A slight upgrade in punting, but was it worth it to mess with our kick holder? That Long snapper, holder, kicker connection must be great, a small flaw can have us missing kicks. I think I would have kept Colquitt just for that reason.

I know we want continuity with the LS and holder, but how long does that really take? I mean, they've got entire practice sessions to hammer this out. Not like any of these guys are doing something else.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I know we want continuity with the LS and holder, but how long does that really take? I mean, they've got entire practice sessions to hammer this out. Not like any of these guys are doing something else.
lol, it's not like it bit us in the ass recently or anything.

WTF is wrong with MN and kicking? 

Gary Anderson FUCK YOU!!!!!!

Wonder if they could trade for Kaare Vedvik?