Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just How Good Was Cam Dantzler?
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Dantzler was very good after the bye. Dantzler also got a ton of safety help.

Not trying to takeaway from his season, it was great. But he is not close to being a lockdown guy who can play on an island. He has to add some weight before that is the case. 
I hurt watching him play...That's one courageous MF'er going out there and playing tackle football with his stature. He looks like a nice chess piece to have though. If they can continue to right the D ship along the DL? They might bounce-back quick and Dantzler could play a key role. 
If the Vikings can fix the defensive line the entire defense will be so much better. Like a night & day transformation. D-line play helps you in so many different ways against the pass.  

Hunter-Pierce-Atkins-Rousseau
Hunter-Pierce-Barmore-Griffen

Take your pick. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

Not trying to takeaway from his season, it was great. But he is not close to being a lockdown guy who can play on an island. He has to add some weight before that is the case. 
I hurt watching him play...That's one courageous MF'er going out there and playing tackle football with his stature. He looks like a nice chess piece to have though. If they can continue to right the D ship along the DL? They might bounce-back quick and Dantzler could play a key role. 
If the Vikings can fix the defensive line the entire defense will be so much better. Like a night & day transformation. D-line play helps you in so many different ways against the pass.  

Take your pick. 
I loved Griffs intensity... but I was so done with him jumping offsides at the most inopportune times,  we all knew a hard count was coming and you could usually count of Griff jumping and then immediately putting his hands on the sides of his helmet.   I dont want to see him back unless its to do the resign/retire thing.   

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

Take your pick. 

Hunter-Pierce-Atkins-Phillips
Phillips has speed, length, and quality.  Plays the run well as well.  Non stop motor.
Zim and Patterson will keep that pad level low and flex this guy all around the line.  Hunter, Barr, Phillips, could have some rangy freaks running around from different angles
IF, and this is a solid IF, but IF, Hunter, Pierce, and Atkins play to their 2019 levels, this is a top 3 DL in the league with nice depth in Fedi, Wonnum, and Lynch

Quote: @Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

Take your pick. 

Hunter-Pierce-Atkins-Phillips
Phillips has speed, length, and quality.  Plays the run well as well.  Non stop motor.
Zim and Patterson will keep that pad level low and flex this guy all around the line.  Hunter, Barr, Phillips, could have some rangy freaks running around from different angles
IF, and this is a solid IF, but IF, Hunter, Pierce, and Atkins play to their 2019 levels, this is a top 3 DL in the league with nice depth in Fedi, Wonnum, and Lynch
Hey, I love Phillips. But the guy retired from football due to concussions. Was told by doctors to retire. Not sure I want to take that kind of risk with the ONE pick we have in the top 77. Especially when there are a handful of other edge rushers who come without that kind of risk. 

More than you ever wanted to know about the brilliance of Tiny Dancer...

On a related note...

Quote:On a related note...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp2Xh0ONoTM&feature=emb_logo
That was pretty damn funny - lol! =)

Quote: @HappyViking said:
On a related note...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp2Xh0ONoTM&feature=emb_logo
That was pretty damn funny - lol! =)
Those imaginary cocktails will do it every time...!  Wink B)