Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer on NFLN
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
First qb since Bridgewater that I have heard him comment on positively. I know there are both sides. He is trying to be encouraging and not trying to play his hand. Does it mean much? Time will tell.
It might mean Rick told him to put a happy face on it to help leverage a deal with someone.

Rick can get in front of the camera and say the same thing and nobody would believe it after the Harvin and Diggs trades.

I do believe Zimmer needs Cousins now more than ever. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Kirk should be their guy. But again, what choice do they have? They are locked in because of his contract. 
exactly other than Deshaun Watson there are no better QBs out there.  The trade gymnastics the Vikes would have to perform in order to stay under the cap and not bankrupt the future drafts are nearly impossible.  The only option is taking a QB in the draft if one falls to us.  But since most of the teams in front of us in the draft could use a QB our only option is to take the best player available in the first.  50/50 chance Rick trades down trying to get a second.  

Quote: @Skodin said:
@Chuckf said:
@mblack said:
Zim, who's job was it to fix the defense last year? Its not like the defense was good the year before
Actually Vikings 2019 defense ranked 5th overall.  Thats pretty good
Exactly, a top 10 defense in 18 and 19.  

Everyone that believes in Cousins is setting themselves up for disappointment.  When the lights are the brightest, the competition is the toughest, the guy is scared, erratic, and 2nd place at best.  He is what he is at this point, this franchise would do itself a favor by moving on for as much as they can at this point and starting a new QB search.
Damn, you're after him in thread after thread...but 4 in offense last season despite s**t OG play tends to show that the changes need to happen elsewhere.

keeping Cousins, Barr, Rudy, Harris seems like delaying the inevitable

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
 keeping Cousins, Barr, Rudy, Harris seems like delaying the inevitable
Sad, but true.  The Vikings have a history of hanging onto their favorite players a little too long after their prime.

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
@StickyBun said:
Kirk should be their guy. But again, what choice do they have? They are locked in because of his contract. 
exactly other than Deshaun Watson there are no better QBs out there.  The trade gymnastics the Vikes would have to perform in order to stay under the cap and not bankrupt the future drafts are nearly impossible.  The only option is taking a QB in the draft if one falls to us.  But since most of the teams in front of us in the draft could use a QB our only option is to take the best player available in the first.  50/50 chance Rick trades down trying to get a second.  
I'll say 60%. Been looking a lot at value in the 1st, particularly at our positions of need. And while every single year it seems the value cluster ends one or two picks before ours, this year is different. 

Due to the fact that there will be so many QBs, WRs and CBs taken in the top 13, there's actually a decent chance that the Vikings could have their pick between Paye, Rousseau, Barmore, Slater, Darrisaw and AVT. 

In a recent mock, I was able to trade down, pick up a 2nd, then trade back into the 1st, giving us both Slater and Barmore. 

Man, I'm no draftnik but those DE's just reek of boom or bust this year...It would be awesome to hit on one, DH is going to need some help. 

I think I'd rather they get that help from Barmore than any of the ends...But then I'm a huge Tide fan and my sunglasses are definitely Crimson. 

One thing that keeps banging around my head and that is if they really think KC is going to be their QB after this year or not? If not, this may be the year to go QB if they have conviction for 1 of the top 4. Losing that #2 and the whole YN comedy sucks. 

Quote:

In a recent mock, I was able to trade down, pick up a 2nd, then trade back into the 1st, giving us both Slater and Barmore. 
That would be an excellent start to this draft. One player that has intrigued me for several years but received little notice is K. J. Britt. He's a thumper and seems to be relegated to day 3. Bolton is another one I really like that flew a bit under the radar until this year. Looks like a late 1st or early 2nd on him at this point. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PSBLAKE said:
@StickyBun said:
I'll say 60%. Been looking a lot at value in the 1st, particularly at our positions of need. And while every single year it seems the value cluster ends one or two picks before ours, this year is different. 

Due to the fact that there will be so many QBs, WRs and CBs taken in the top 13, there's actually a decent chance that the Vikings could have their pick between Paye, Rousseau, Barmore, Slater, Darrisaw and AVT. 

I agree the more I look at this draft the more I feel like there is real value in trading down and picking up that extra second.  I dont think the Vikings are in love with any of the QBs and we are going to go with Cousins.