Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texans got a new coach
Quote: @mblack said:
@supafreak84
You really should stop rehashing the biased/shameful talking points.
  1. Kingsbury has always been an offensive innovator: In whose books? So offensive innovator who had a losing record as head coach in college (35-40) and was fired. He was fired and somehow got an NFL coaching job. You mention his work with Mahomes in college. Can you tell who has been working with Mahomes in the NFL for the past three years? Kliff coached Mahomes for three years. EB has been working with Mahomes now for FOUR years. You are willing to go at any length to credit Kliff for his work with Mahomes in college. You some how spin his total failure at Texas Tech knowing he was fired for his poor job as some credit/acheivement. Isnt it questionable that someone in college gets fired and gets a job as an NFL head coach? As a matter of fact, he was on on his way to be the OC for USC and the Cardinals gave him a job while overlooking EB (I guess because EB does not call plays). You are not even ashamed to say EB who has worked with Mahomes in the NFL and actually been an OC for the best offense in the NFL is lacking in NFL experience. What experience really are you referring to? Maybe I am not able to decipher the coded language you are using. You really cant make this stuff up
  2. I can almost guarantee Bienemy hasn't gotten a job because he's a been a position coach and now as an offensive coordinator he doesn't call the plays. We already know that is the excuse being passed around to hide the obvious bias. You are not stating anything new. So all one has to do is call plays in order to get an NFL job in your eye. I already asked you this and you failed to answer. How much experience does Dan Campbell or Dan Culley have calling plays? As a side note here is the "steller" resume of Brandon Staley the new Chargers coach
    • 2016: He was DC or a Division III school (John Carrol University)
    • 2017-2019: Line backers coach (Bears and Broncos)
    • 2020: Rams DC
    • 2020: Chargers head coach
    That is just a "stellar" resume and something EB should try to attain right? His coaching experience is four freaking years (to be fair he also coached at a community college and St Thomas MN). Hey guess what, he called plays so that answers every question

3. Lastly, for good measure here is Byron Leftwich's resume. 
    • 2017-2018: Cardinals QB coach
    • 2018: Cardinals Interim OC
    • 2019-present: Bucs OCIt would have been nice to say Leftwich got an interview you know? He did not even get one. He is in the NFL, he has called plays for two years now, his team is playing the superbowl, he is not from the Andy Reid coaching tree. What's the excuse this time around? 
Are you related to Bienemy, cuz you sure seem dedicated to the guy.  

As for him not getting a job, some guys take a long time to get one, we aren't in their interviews so we can't really say why.  Zimmer interviewed for years before he got the Vikes job.  And over the years we've learned a few things that suggest why that was the case.

I've seen plenty of coordinators hyped up as the next big thing and why oh why can't he get a job, going back 30+ years.  When they do get a job the hype fades and reality sets in.  A few are good and most are average or worse.  

For a competent owner/gm the decision to hire a coach is the biggest and most important one they have to make and the smart ones don't bow to media pressure or hype.  

Personally I prefer guys with hc experience in college or a previous NFL job.