Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am enjoying the W.
After watching that crap during the first half the second half was nice to see.  Our backups can beat your backups!

I don't care if it's strike scabs wearing the purple... I will cheer for whomever is donning the purple and gold.  If you watched it, and didn't get excited about the final drive... you might want to check your football pulse.  Perhaps you only like "name brand" football, where the players are all on some fantasy team that gets you points in your league.  Me?  I'll take come backs, and passionate play anywhere I can find them during the long off season.  Don't care if it wasn't our starters out there.... I enjoyed that drive and watching Henicke learn how to win while hurting and coming off the bench cold.   I'll admit, when they put Taylor in... I thought, well I guess we don't want to try to win this one.  I mean why pull a hot Keenum for a beat up and sore Henicke?... I guess we're giving up.  And then "the drive" happened... well the "Preseason drive".  

And I'm enjoying it for what it was.  Good football by our backups. 

I enjoyed the win. The comeback was nice. The roller coaster of emotions. From excitement to having football back at home to the what the hell is this fuckery first half. And the flat play led to a flat crowd. A lot of people left. But then, a turnaround. Second and third teamers played hungry and got us amped up. McKinnon's return. Keenum to Carter. Adams scoring. A 58 yard field goal. That Heinicke run, will or won't he make it. He scores. There is ugliness to clean up. But it was nice to see them finish and get the win.

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
After watching that crap during the first half the second half was nice to see.  Our backups can beat your backups!

I don't care if it's strike scabs wearing the purple... I will cheer for whomever is donning the purple and gold.  If you watched it, and didn't get excited about the final drive... you might want to check your football pulse.  Perhaps you only like "name brand" football, where the players are all on some fantasy team that gets you points in your league.  Me?  I'll take come backs, and passionate play anywhere I can find them during the long off season.  Don't care if it wasn't our starters out there.... I enjoyed that drive and watching Henicke learn how to win while hurting and coming off the bench cold.   I'll admit, when they put Taylor in... I thought, well I guess we don't want to try to win this one.  I mean why pull a hot Keenum for a beat up and sore Henicke?... I guess we're giving up.  And then "the drive" happened... well the "Preseason drive".  

And I'm enjoying it for what it was.  Good football by our backups. 
we all hoped the starters would play great, they didnt. im excited for our overall depth for the first time in many years. its a long season and we have talent to challenge on paper, so im gonna enjoy the ride

The starting D is what is most disappointing to me. . I've seen Harry wiff 2 games in a row, Rhodes get passed up on a long TD like a rook CB, Waynes getting embarrassed, Mack in the twilight zone (with Robinson), and still we cannot stop the run to save our lives. I will puke if Adrian waltzes into the flashy new stadium and hangs up a huge game on us. I don't want his smug ass getting any yards.
Rhodes, Everson and Linval all got paid big time this offseason. Harry has a big contract. Barr thinks he should have a big contract. The only guy I see out there really making plays on D is Kendricks.

Yep, first half was bad, just like the first two games.... but I got to watch Viking football, they were aggressive and played hard... and they won at the end. 

Our first team could be coasting in preseason, I doubt it, I think they may be buying their own press... or even worse, whatever happened during that bye week last year still hasn't played completely out yet and we are in for another head scratcher of a season.    So I'm enjoying this while I can,,, the win didn't mean anything... but tell that to those guys in the corner of the endzone partying like they just won it all.    I loved it... and good for them.

That's the part I enjoyed the most. The second half showed who was hungry and the celebration showed some excitement which was nice to see after a flat half.